Thread: IBS type symptoms and stress?

IBS type symptoms and stress?

I get periods where I feel my stress causes me IBS symptoms like:

Diarrhea
    Regular trips to the toilet and it comes out in parts
    Sometimes sit 20 minutes waiting for a small part to come loose
    Had a bit of back pain tonight
    Wind feeling you need to let alot out and it's all just wind

What types of food will reduce these symptoms? Any takeaway food now just hits me instant..

Re: IBS type symptoms and stress?

Hi Phil

If you read the IBS page on the left it details which foods you can/cannot eat.

Hope that helps.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

My toilet patterns seem to be a bit messed. I've noticed it on and off for a few years but my anxiety seems to fuel it. Basically the most common time for the diarrhea to come and in the last few months it's been about 1.30am to 3am depending on how late I stay up.

Last night I was up to about 2am and I was stuck in the toilet for about half an hour with constipation. Once I was done I still never felt empty to lay in bed awake until about 6am so it cost me more sleep. I had a horrible taste in my mouth and a score chest. Heartburn also followed.

Is this common with anxiety or IBS to have these kind of nights? Like most of my symptoms the more worry I have the worse it gets, the longer I'm on the toilet or when it was insomnia the less sleep I got..I have tried to vary my diet slightly and get atleast a half an hour walk daily so it's hard.

But I'm getting sick of going to bed and suddenly my bowls decide to play up like I can need alot and get it over with and go to sleep or the opposite constipation and it comes in parts.

Is it quite common?

I've been reading the symptoms page again:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/ibs/

It says red flag conditions if you it interferes with sleep. My problem is I lie in bed all night worrying I have not cleared down there right. Sometimes I can be up at 3am emptying my bowels sometimes two times I get up. I've felt like rubbish some nights feeling incomplete. None of the other red flag symptoms. Only time I get blood down there is when I scrape away through a whole toilet roll to clean myself..

Is it serious? I've been feeling like my stools will give way for the last few days when I'm out. It's getting me into panic attacks needing the toilet sometimes more than three times a day some weeks less.

Thread Information