Thread: Anxiety! All mouth and no action!!

Anxiety! All mouth and no action!!

Just thought i would post this beacuse i just got thinking...

Anxiety is like the schoolyard bully.
    He can push us about and call us names, he can put the fear of god in us and make us want to run away and hide. We avoid lessons (situations) and sometimes we avoid school (life) altogether. We talk to people about this bully but it rarely stops him from 'getting us'. Some days he stays out if our way.....for some reason! But then when we least expect it, he jumps out from behind the shadows and frightens the life out of us. Really though, he is all mouth and no action!!!
    He threatens to hurt us and keeps us on high alert but really he is all mouth.

Next time the bully taps on my shoulder i am going to shock him, i am going to turn round and knee him in the goolies, see how he likes that!

That should work!

I hope!!

Xx

Re: Anxiety! All mouth and no action!!

well said, really made me smile this one x

Re: Anxiety! All mouth and no action!!

LOL its so true, anxiety is a big insecure bully, and you have to let it know that you're not going to let it bring you down. Like with bullies, people assume that the physical effects are the worst, but as we know, it's what it does to your self-esteem that's really the worst. Saying 'no' to it doesn't always work because some days you don't feel strong enough and it comes out as a frightened "no please don't hurt me" as you cower away from it: this is inevitably going to happen sometimes so the best thing you can do is not worry that you don't feel strong enough to stand up to it, and not tell yourself you are weak. However sometimes you get a strong feeling of self-determination that gives you courage and you can say "no, I won't let you do this to me" because you know you don't deserve it, and you realise that you are stronger than it

"Harry tried to push the matter to the back of his mind. Unfortunately, the back of his mind was no longer the secure place it had once been."

Thread Information