Thread: Ive cancelled my ultrasound!!

Ive cancelled my ultrasound!!

WOW! Can’t believe I did it!
    Here’s the story:
    ive been to the docs a few times since my vasectomy, with a few lumps/bumps on my testicles. Ive had varicose veins, and a few nodules (hard sperm collecting in the tubes), however my last 2 trips were for a lump i had at the bottom of my left testicle, my gp has checked it twice, and said i have an epidiymal cyst, but as a hypochondriac..... That wasn’t good enough! I contacted BUPA as i have health insurance, and they said i could have an ultrasound, so i faxed my doctor and told him to refer me which he did. But this got me thinking....where does it stop? Do i get ct scans when i have a headache?? (ive done that before as it goes!!! turned out to be sinus problems, naturally i thought i had a tumour!), do i get mri scans every time i have a cough? It’s crazy! This is what i thought: medical advice is good enough for EVERYONE ELSE! So why not for me?? Yes, there is a niggling doubt in the back of my mind thinking, what if it is cancer, and the doctor missed it? Well, if it is, the lump will grow, and when i examine myself in 4 weeks, I’ll just go back if it has! But it hasn’t grown in 3 months, so im feeling confident. im going to Wembley this weekend to watch man utd, and im going to enjoy myself and forget about it. one thing is for sure, if you worry about dying, you wont enjoy living. im going to forget about my nuts (apart from a few minutes a month when i check em), and i know this will make me happy. If any other things happen to make me think i have another illness, then I’ll just have to stop being a mard arse! Time to get tough on myself i think!

Re: Ive cancelled my ultrasound!!

Wow. How powerful are you? Excellant. Euston, the man has regained control....!

awesome post. Glad to hear it xx

good for you, what you have done takes a lot of courage, and of course you are absoulutely right in what you are saying, very well done, i take my hat off to you.

enjoy the footie at the weekend

P x

What an inspirational post. Good on you. Adelle.x

cheers guys!

Thread Information