Thread: Piles ??????

Piles ??????

Please help i am really freaking out, i know this sounds gross but please i have no one else i can speak to and need some reasurance right now.

I have never had piles but i have heard that they are quite common, the thing is i wiped my bottom today and noticed some bright red blood on the toilet paper nothing in the bowl.. I was petrified, but once i get something on my mind i cant rest until i get an answer, i was trying to tell myself dont worrie it must be piles, but i needed to check..

I know this sounds gross but i didnt know what else to do, so i got some surgical gloves and made sure i was nice a clean, i placed a mirror on the floor were i could see what i was looking at and got into posistion (Not easy) i tried to open my anus so i could see but i couldnt see much, i put my gloved finger slightly into the entrance and could feel some little spots on the wall i pressed one of them and bright red blood came out (Quite a bit actually)..
    I have never had any blood in my stools..

Do you think this is piles???

Sorry for being so gross, but i dont think there is a pleasant way to ask this question..

Please help me.

Dan

Re: Piles ??????

Hello Dan,

Try not to worry, I know it is quite scary when you see bright red blood when you are not expecting it, but this is one of the symptoms when you have piles. If you pop along to the chemist they will be able to give you something to help.

hiya hon

sounds like it could be piles... i had them when i was pregnant and they did bleed... sometimes they actually pop out of your bum and it knacks... one day they were really sore and i applied some cream.. wow fealt instant relief... set off walking to the shops and the effects of the cream wore off.. i could hardly walk.. omg.... please dont worry... ring nhs direct if you need any more info... or go on their website... or go see your g.p... and do not google....

take are

andrea x x

Sounds like piles to me.

You can get some cream for them over the counter.

If they become persistent then go and see the doc and they can get them injected if necessary

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Dan sounds like piles to me too, as suggested try over the counter creams such as preparation 'H' or Annusol these come in cream and suppositories.
    Ask to speak to pharmacist if you would like further advise,and if they persist see you're GP. Remember a little blood colours a lot so whilst it is worrying its probably only a small amount of blood, check out you're diet, try eating more fibre to prevent constipation which will make things easier when you have a bowel movement.
    Good luck try not to worry piles are very common .Dxx

Thread Information