Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange Body tremors at night just before falling asleep

Re: Strange Body tremors at night just before falling asleep

I've had hypnic jerks since I was a child. They can be really scary but they are perfectly normal.

I also suffered with shaking bed syndrome. When ever I fell asleep I would hear my ned banging on the wall. Initially I though I was haunted but somone got me a nightmare encyclopedia and I read about it in thee. It says one of the causes is anxiety. What happend is my body shakes as I fall asleep.

In fact my sleep behaviour has ranged from sleep walking to night terrors.

All body hocus pocus but nothing dangerous x x x

'Between the things we fear and the things we see is a world of possibility' - The Haunting

funny you posted something like this dont get tremors or anything but last night when i went to bed i was laying there and diffrent parts of my body started to twitch cant explain it as i was really tired my head done a funny twitch then my leg then my arm i got a bit panicky but i was sooo tired i must have just fallen asleep but im hoping it wont come again tonight when i sleep coz it sure was freaky

a life lived in fear is a life half lived

lots of things cause jolts etc. it could be hypnic jerks, which is totally normal. its when your brain sends a message to you limbs to check they are working ok still. happens at night when you are drifting off. if you frequently feel jolts in your legs, then it might be restless leg syndrome. whatever it is, it doesnt seem sinister. people with anxiety are extra sensitive usually when it comes to sleeping. its possible that before your anxiety, these things still happened, you just never noticed them.

Yeah i get this sometimes. I used to get it a lot when i used to smoke cannabis. Could be anxiety related.

Tremors in the hypnagogic state are more common in those who have high stress levels, but are harmless. Make sure you wind down before you go to bed and don't eat sugary things past 5 o clock.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

your not alone, i am so scared of going to sleep incase i die, i used to keep myself awake everynight, but then realised its not healthy to do that. in regards to the jolts, this is something that i have had alot of experience with, they scare me everytime they happen, even though im used to it. ive kind of adapted to them lol, i dont get them so much anymore. once you have concored your fear of sleeping they should start to die down. hope this helps, good luck and take care xx

Hi,
    Ive had hypnic jerks a few times and its very scary but they are harmless
    I am experiencing werid similar sensations at the moment which are really frightening me...
    when i doze off to sleep, before im in a deep sleep, if im woken up, i have this awful shaking/trembling round my heart, its hard to describe apart, like my heart is shaking really hard each time it beats.
    Its not there when i wake up in the morning, its only if im woken from sleep not naturally..... scaring me a hellova lot :(
    Linda

I used to get strange jolts when drifting off to sleep, and I remember it was scary. I was on seroxat at the time and sort of put them down to that. But they just stopped after a while. It's quite a few years ago and I don't have then anymore. Hopefully yours will go too.

Hi there - I get this a lot!! Just before I drift off my body will just jolt or sometimes just my head it's really weird! I mentioned it to a neurologist last year and she said it's completely normal. I even see my dog doing it when he's asleep haha!

Wow, i've been sufering from pretty much everything listed above for over a year now, last night was the worst tho, it was more of a fit than just suddenly shooting out of bed like i normally do. Im sure it started when i was taking citralopram so don't know if thats got anything to do with it, i would defenetly say i'm stressed out alot tho, so its probably something to do with that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information