Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strange Body tremors at night just before falling asleep

Re: Strange Body tremors at night just before falling asleep

hey I've just found this thread after doing a google search about what was happening to me!

I'm glad other people have written about their experiences, its quite reassuring.

I find that sometimes, always just as I start to feel myself starting to drift off to sleep, there is a sensation of falling backwards. I start to hear a buzzing noise, and suddenly I become paralysed, and am unable to breath. The buzzing becomes a roar. At this point I can't breath at all and I'm struggling to release myself from paralysis. Sometimes only one part of my body can move, like my toe or one eyelid, and I feel like I have to wrench myself out of this state. It feels like an electrical storm is happening inside my brain and I'm shaking involuntarily all over. It lasts for about 20 seconds and its totally terrifying. It will happen again and again during a particular night, so I end up too scared to let myself fall asleep -as every time I do, this happens.

I've had this happen for years but I was interested that it only ever happened after, shall we say a heavy weekend raving.. I'm completely healthy as far as I know, and on no medication so it did freak me out and everyone I told about it thought it was made up or a dream.

I have no idea what its called, or if its dangerous (it feels every time like I'm going to die) but would be intrigued if anyone noticed that pattern as well?

best wishes

xx

Re: Strange Body tremors at night just before falling asleep

Hey everyone I am new to this forum but its been really helpful and I wanted to contribute myself. I suffer from panic disorder and have been having a really hard week. This happens to me sometimes at night, for example tonight, and I get really sleepy and suddenly, BAM, I'm hit with the most intense fear and sudden rush I've ever experienced. I shoot up in bed and collect myself for a second and it goes away and I'm tired again. I also get a strange numbness somewhere in my body and it repeats over and over; I even sometimes get a dull headache. I get really nervous about it and it keep me up for a while. I hope there's nothing wrong but then I can't help but lay and worry. It only seems to happen on really stressful days. I'm a 20 year old male.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information