Thread: Gastroscopy now worried about perforation

Gastroscopy now worried about perforation

I had my gastroscopy this morning after waiting over 2 hrs so my pulse was 154!! It eventually went down to 130.
    All was fine- usual hiatus hernia nothing else and biopsy for h pylori negative as well.
    The form for my Dr said there were no complications but after the proceedure I have got an ache around left side of ribs from front to back. I was in a odd position for the test and I do have bad back and any odd position can cause me pain BUT I am worrying silly that they have perforated my stomach or duodenum and they didn't realise. I looked up syptoms of this and it said I would have very severe pain with fever chills and vomiting which I don't have just this constant ache with sharper pains when i straighten up.
    I know I am going to worry and worry over next 48 hrs as it says this is time scale to expect symptoms if you have any damage during proceedure.
    Help!!!

Re: Gastroscopy now worried about perforation

Hi please try not to worry i am sure you are a little sore and painfull from position if there was any chance of complications you would have felt them by now , Please try not to worry Cossett yourself for the rest of the day
    Maggie

thanks Maggie for reponding. I plucked up the courage to tell my husband my fears because I am also getting loads of loud gurgling sounds and after he had raised his eyebrows he said maybe its all because you have got loads of wind in there as they do pump air into your stomach and although they take alot of it out not all of it.
    I alos have awful heartburn which always happens if I have to not eat for any length of time and I went over 12 hrs without any food and 4 hrs with no drink.
    Every ache pain or twinge or burp! will worry me - I hate this.

Bless him My hubby is like yours i presume that laid back almost horizontal i am sure you will be fine by tomorrow I may be needing a endoscopy myself soon ??? if the tabs work and my losing wieght may help the acid reflux i wont God it is horrid this constant worry over Health Probs and i am a retired nurse ( i think that is why i worry because i always saw the poorly people ) my wish is not to have H A i would give anything to not be a worrier Take Care Maggie

Maggie funny you should be a retired nurse because I worked at a Drs surgery and loved it but not sure it did my h a any good as I absorbed medical information like a sponge so know far far too much!

I ate my tea and it sounds like depth charges exploding in my abdomen so def a bit windy here tonight!!

Logically I know that if they had perforated anything - 99.9% of the time they would know and I would not have eaten my tea I would be rolling round the floor being sick but tell that to the ha gremlin

I felt like this after my scope and I'm sure it was because they put the air in. I also get the same sensation some time when my reflux is bad. Please don't think it's something bad. I'm sure this sensation is part and parcel of the gastroscopy. They should really warn you about these things, but as usual they don't let you know about the obvious!! Hope you feel a bit better.
    Myra x

Thread Information