Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Total withdrawal

Total withdrawal

Has anyone ever experienced a total withdrawal. I don't know it's like you want a dissociation with friends, like you want to push everyone away?

Re: Total withdrawal

no because I hate being alone.
    are you pushing away people because you want to be alone or maybe because of your anxiety?

Yes ..i did cos i felt so alone and didnt feel part of everything around me .I couldnt explain and didnt want to anyway .So it was easier to cut myself off from everyone .I just didnt want to have to pretend i was ok ,because i wasnt .....I was depressed and had acute anxiety ...Sue x

I hate being alone too, i disassociated myself with everything and and everyone in my life when i was 18 and since then i have been somewhat alone. It's kinda strange sometimes, it's like my life has stoped since i was 18.
    Last edited by Red_Flare; 28-02-10 at 03:27.

In regarding to your post your not the only one to have become totally isolated since around 18-19 im in a similar boat things are very difficult to deal with alone for sure.I know it makes you feel like a freak to society or the odd one out and that nothings gonna change its all quite depressing isn't it?

I have had total withdrawal from everything and everybody, even my close family, avoiding family meals, night outs, having friends round for dinner, I even deleted myself off facebook at one point! I just didn't want and couldn't stand being around anybody. Its a horrible feeling but I am getting better now.

I can relate to that. Easier to cut myself off from everyone

i can also relate to this and yes i have cut most people off around me

Hi,,,
    Well think it, but don't do it please,,,because i did the same thing, and once you are completely on your own that's a horrible place to be, and then you ask yourself why have i done this? Time out is alright, but don't completely withdraw from people because that is a lonely nasty place to be.
    Your best to be around people because otherwise you withdraw into yourself to far!!!
    Oh i'm no expert but take it from me,,it's best not to withdraw that far, just put things on hold a little and take a little time out for yourself here and there,
    Best wishes, Red.

wheni was 20 i comleatly rid my self of all fmaily and friends and sarted to drinki delveloped an eating disorder as well as agrophobia and i got diagnoised wit having bipola i was compleatly alone and scread and so....... departe it wasnt till i started to socailise agin tha t my life turned around and got better xxx
    Last edited by hopers; 02-03-10 at 12:34.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information