Thread: Anyone know how to get rid of these pains?

Red face Anyone know how to get rid of these pains?

Hi!
    Sorry you must all be sick of people writing about their hearts!
    Well i just wanted a bit of reassurance.
    I have had panic attacks for the last 5yrs and it all started once night sitting watching tv i noticed my heart beating which made it beat even faster making me feel hot and sicky (it was december and i was standing outside in a vest top and shorts!!) called the hospital who checked me out, was given ECG, chest x-ray was fine - just panic (JUST panic HA!)
    Anyways i cope the best i can with these symptoms on and off but just recently i seem to get a sharp pain over my heart which then brings on the fast heart beats then the pain in the left shoulder starts, tightness in chest and my back hurts. I seem to get it worse when at work (i work in an office) or laying down in bed.
    I know my heart is fine as i had another ECG less than a year ago. I am only 26 have a very understanding husband and eat fairly heatlhy, plus i walk the dog every evening for at least 20mins (sadly that is my ownly form of exercise, other than yoga which i have recently started but thats mainly stretching and only once a week) oh and i have just started walking home from work each evening (another 15min walk).
    Horrid i know but i also seem to burp an awfal lot at the moment and that does ease the tightness in my chest but does not seem to have any effect on the pain. I guess i am not having a heart attack or i would have done so by now but i just wanted to know if anyone else has these symptoms and if so how you stop the chest pains? as they are really starting to get me down and i get quite upset about it all.
    Sorry i seem to have woffled on a bit
    Fallen x

P.s - Please dont reply if you going to put something that frightens me.

Re: Anyone know how to get rid of these pains?

Spiders

Sorry does that frighten you ?

The chest pain, must be the classic symptom, like the one I have right now (having one of those panicky days).

When you are anxious, chemicals whizz around your body, and you are ready to go (fight or flight). Because there is no actual danger, you become aware of yourself and your body, and the most sensitive places with anxiety are?

Yip chest and stomach (hence the burping).

It might even be trapped wind, caused by an upset tummy, caused by anxiety thats causing it.

You are far too young for it to be a heart issue (especially since you have been checked out, that is ALWAYS the first port of call, and you are fine) you eat well and you walk the dog, all good stuff

So what could it be? ahhhhhh anxiety nothing more sinister than anxiety.

And how do you deal with the pain? you concentrate on the cause of the pain, which is anxiety, and your thinking.

Have a read of Claire Weekes, it is very good for helping you understand what is going on with your body during anxiety, and she tells it in a great way.

Good luck

Jaco
    Last edited by Jaco45er; 02-03-10 at 14:59. Reason: anxiety induced spelling mistakes

Does sound more like stomach probs. Do you get indigestion or heat burn?

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

If they've checked you over, then you know you're OK. It's hard for us to accept, I know. I believe that during my 45 years as a sufferer (as from 10) I must of pretty much had most, if not all the symptoms relating to anxiety by now and I think the chest pain is the most frequent of them all. So much so that I no longer pay any attention to them. It's a catch 22 syndrome. The chest tightens which in turn will make you anxious, which in turn will make your chest muscles even more tense. This makes you go hot and panicky which tenses more muscles in your body and so on! Also, you will produce more acid when you panic which will make your chest hurt as well. You get some exercise and you eat OK so I would not worry about it.

Thanks for reply everyone!
    I am sure i know that nothing is wrong but it doesnt stop me getting these pains etc.
    I would it to leave now tho as i have enough of panic attacks and want to start my life again.
    Its just soo frustrating that i can be doing nothing just chilling and then it all pipes up again!
    Helps knowning other people have the same problems.
    Fallen x

I am in the same boat at the moment with similar pains, but they do go away when I am no concerntrating on them.

I do know that it is anxiety like you said you go for walks etc and all is good, I go to the gym and I feel nothing and feel great.

Just started reading the Claire Weekes book, seems pretty good so far, just explains everything and I find what stirs me up even more is not understanding what is going on with me and this book as made me feel more at ease in understanding, I suggest this if you have not already got it.

Thread Information