Thread: Waiting for it to happen!

Waiting for it to happen!

Hi...

I am feeling odd today.....i know why it's because i went out with friends last night and i had a few drinks and stupidly smoked a couple of cigarettes.... so now today i feel tired and a bit foggy in the head. I feel as if a may have an attack later, as this was the same kinda of day when i had my first big panic attack! All sorts of thoughts are rushing through my head and i am telling myself now that i want to quit drinking.....I have trouble going to sleep most nights, as i have a fear that ive stopped breathing, when ive just nodded off! All of this is fairly recent stuff and i have read lots about it and feel better knowing what happens in my body etc..... but i dont know whether i should see a doctor and if medication is needed.....i know some people are againest it! Sorry im rambling on....... i think i just wanted to share with you how im feeling today.

hello there,

Just because it has happened before, that doesn't mean that you will have a panic attack today!! Try to distract yourself and do something you like. Eat some nice food and make yourself feel better.

It could be that alcohol makes you panicky - it does me. Maybe the best thing would be to stop drinking for a while until you have learnt to deal with the anxiety a bit better.

Sarah

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

It may well be just a post night out blip

alcohol and panic-do they mix?
    Alcohol
    Anxiety and alcohol
    Alcohol
    hangovers
    Panic attacks and alcohol
    horrible cycle
    Anxaiety after drinking alcohol

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thank you!! I feel fine..... just tired now really.

I went to the cinema and ate lots of popcorn....i did feel the rush in the head feeling, which is usually the start of my attacks, but i tried to really focus on the film and kept sipping water and i forgot about it! so that is good!
    I am seriously considering not drinking for a while.... it will be hard but it will do me good! will let you know how im doing...

Im off to church tonight, which should definitely help me..... it will be a quiet reflective service with candles and music....so should get me chilled out ready for bed! goodnight!

Kt

Thread Information