Thread: can i blame this?

can i blame this?

sounds crazy but i want to blame my depression for the lump ive discovered on my breast.. im 20 this shoudlnt happen to me! i went to the doctors and his words was its not a case for you to write your will however its something to worry about and keep an eye on!? wat hell does that mean!?!??!! cud it be becuz of stress??

Re: can i blame this?

I'm sorry you're going through this - it's terrible to discover something in your body and not know what it is.

A couple of things: firstly, in all ages, it is far more common to find lumps in breasts which are either fatty tissue, or cysts. These often appear during hormonal fluctuations (periods, adjusting birth control, pregnancy, etc...) but can also appear for no reason at all. At 20, you're most definitely in a low risk category.

I'm guessing your doctor checked your breasts and evaluated the lump? If the doctor had any suspicion at this stage that it was even remotely something sinister, you would have been referred for a mammogram at a breast clinic.

What your doctor should have done was to give you an evaluation of what it was. Did your doctor mention cysts?

Quote Originally Posted by summersmummy View Post
    sounds crazy but i want to blame my depression for the lump ive discovered on my breast.. im 20 this shoudlnt happen to me! i went to the doctors and his words was its not a case for you to write your will however its something to worry about and keep an eye on!? wat hell does that mean!?!??!! cud it be becuz of stress??
    Its probably a bit of fibrous tissue. Especially at your age. Breast cancer is almost unheard of in someone so young. Because you're only 20 its unlikely they would do a mammagram, breast tissue is too dense under about 35, they use Ultrasound scans, but you could ask for one of those if you want reassurances yourself. But I would have thought the doc would send you if he/she was concerned.
    xx

ive had it for a year and only now have i got worried! i fort it was a cyst untill all the skin came away from it and started bleeding!!!!

doctor was unsure about it and he sent me to a breast clinic and they waiting for appointment for scans and possible biopsey..

im so scared i have a beautiful baby i cant die!!

Thread Information