Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IBS again:-(

IBS again:-(

I saw my GP yesterday who says I have very bad IBS at the moment.

I had helicobacter treatment last month, I am still on lansoprazole 15mg daily but feeling very windy still, it came on at the begining of this week. I had wind in my back, ribs, stomach, which then went low down causing lower left abdomen pains and frequent bowel movements. He examined me and said it was IBS and nothing else going on.

I have IBS medication from him, he decided to change my medication.

As soon as I eat it seems to feel worse, it hurts in my back. GP said he didn't think I had ulcers or anything as I am on the lansoprazole. He thinks it is just very bad wind.

Do any others get wind all over, even that high up with IBS? It seems to be better low down now, it is just this high wind pains esp in my back and frequent trips to the loo. Now and again I feel sick, but that isn't constant. I wouldn't say its a bad pain, it is more of a pressure, and I need to burp and trump alot, lol!

Could this really IBS? I always put things down to IBS in the past but since having helicobacter I do wonder if it's something more. I thought I had turned a corner after 3 months of it all, but now I feel all windy again.

How do you all cope with your IBS? do you follow special diets and what meds do you take?

Re: IBS again:-(

I get terrible pain in my back with the IBS, either between the shoulder blades or low down on the right. Very common to have excess wind and the treatment you've had for the h pylori will have set the IBS off again as it's very strong meds. I follow a dairy free diet, eat fibre that is easy to digest etc. I take Buscopan, charcoal capsules, digestive enzymes and a B Complex. Here's some more info from the web on IBS:

Most people with IBS find their symptoms an occasional nuisance, but don't need to see a doctor. However, for some people the condition seriously affects their quality of life. Most people with IBS continue to get symptoms from time to time. The symptoms include the following.
    Pain

The most common symptom of IBS is pain or discomfort in the abdomen. The pain may be mild to severe, and may be made either better or worse by opening the bowels, passing wind or eating.
    Pain may occur at a particular time of day, often in the evening. Women may find the ups and downs of pain relates to their menstrual cycle.
    Change in bowel habits

With IBS, your faeces may vary in consistency from hard and pellet-like to loose and watery. Alternatively, you may just pass small amounts of mucus. You may find that your bowel habit alternates between constipation and diarrhoea. Afterwards, you may feel that your bowels haven't been completely emptied.
    IBS usually causes one symptom more than the others - either pain, constipation or chronic diarrhoea.
    Other symptoms

These include a bloated abdomen, passing excess wind, feeling sick and indigestion. Some people also experience a sense of fullness.

Mine kicked off big time during the night, which is the exact same time my period started last month too. 3am. It was a couple of days of sheer hell in all. Mine was mainly colic pains coming in waves, located just under my ribs & right across from left to right.
    It also made me feel nauseus at times due to the pain being so bad. I also got hot flushes with it. And it got worse at night, & lots of wind! But that didn't make it any better tbh lol
    never quite had it that bad before, luckily I was off work all week on leave, otherwise I would have definately rang in sick.
    I bought some Colpermin & it improved it a bit. After a few days I was back to normal. Not too sure what triggered if off, but I thought at the time it may have been garlic bread with cheese I had eaten that day.
    x

Thank you both.

It is driving me mad, tonight I have it all in my chest, I am constantly hiccuping it up and its rolling around in my back. I even keep having stabbing pains up my bottom (tmi), grrrrrr!

I have never had IBS like this before, I didn't realise it could cause so much wind:-(

Oh believe me, it can cuase huge amounts of wind, I can fart all the time and it still be there lol, that is my main symptom to be honest.

I also get the stabbing pain up the bum a lot and the feeling like I need to go to the loo but all that is there is wind. I can usually push my stomach and here and feel the wind rumbling

So ladylike isn't it Cat;-)

I know, god help me if I want to find a bloke, going to be great on a date aren't I lol

Hahaha, my hubby is used to it now;-)

Try & give the Colpermin a go, its peppermint. Supposed to move the wind along! Apparently they use something similar in patients that have had an operation, where they have put air inside them, my sis in law had that when she was sterilized years ago, & the wind pains were horrendous she said.

Thanks hun x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information