Thread: Hair pulled.

Hair pulled.

i got my hair pulled today, it really set my anxiety going, i dont know how i coped with it as well as i did :O i need to be more alert. anyone worked with children with special needs at such a young age before? i have but with kids a little older than what im working with at the moment.

Re: Hair pulled.

I have, I used to get lego thrown at me

Hi, 3 of my 4 children have special needs related to genetic autism and I have also worked as 1:1 with special needs.

Firstly, it can be frightening being the person on the other end of the outburst but as a parent, we totally appreciate people like yourself who are willing to work and put up with the hell we often feel we are going through. It really is daunting having children with special needs but it is even more worrying knowing we have to put other peope, outside of the family, through it. The fact you coped with it is really promising and please do keep it up because people like you are often our lifeline!!

When I worked 1:1 with an autistic child I was hit, spit at and even urinated on. This was in a mainstream school and it was bloody tough going but if you can stick it out and learn more about that child's special needs, the rewards are ovewhelming.

If the special needs are related to autism, please pm me and I can offer you plenty of resources and help but unfortunately it is only autism that I am familiar with.

Good luck xx

I did although it was teenagers had 2 retire due 2 ill health as i developed GAD due 2 job and Hubby with PTSD not Hubbys fault i find children and teenagers r far worse 2 day to many bloody rights under the law what about the rights of the people who work with them and parents who sometimes dont care. Not all special needs kids r badly b haved 90% r brill and its not there fault the ones i worked with were amazing it was the other teenagers in the class mainstream school that were normal who caused the problems little or no discipline but i did work in a bad area socio/ economic problems.

I'm a teacher of pupils with severe learning difficulties age 3 - 6. Let me know if there's anything I can help with - no promises that I can stop you gettiing your hair pulled though, I still come a cropper now and again.

Nic

Thread Information