Hi there,
i've had health anxiety since my teens (now wrong side of 40) and over the years i have learnt to live with it. I've accepted its part of who i am and have stopped fighting with it................
I take ciprelex (only recently but more for OCD) and have had CBT.
Most worries i tend to keep on top of. I give myself time limits of when i should see someone (by then its either gone or ive forgotten about it). I don't look at what ever i am worrying about when i am stressed anyway.
Most of the time this all works.
But not this week. I spotted a brown/orange mark on my tongue size of a 5p. And ive lost it. I googled, couldn't find anything about this colour (only red or white patches) so decided its brown, going to turn black and its obviously deadly. My mouth is one of my worst health areas as i have had problems in the past (pain due to stress etc). So i now feel like i am back at square one. And so bloody annoyed with myself.
All my rational thoughts have gone out the window and i cant concentrate on anything else. I am not going to docs or dentist? till after two weeks cause i know that will set me off again and i will be there every weeks.
Just needed to get that off my chest,
thanks if you managed to read my waffle to the end

love anx xx