Thread: ear infection

ear infection

hi my ear has been blocked with wax for about two weeks ive had this many times before and use olive oil which nomally works for me but this time it hasnt so have made appointment on monday to have it syringed
    but im now getting other symptons and im wondering if its an ear infection my teeth are really aching and my face and side of my head is really sore and as i work outside its been really painful im getting anxious that as ive left it untreated i may get a burst eardrum if it is an infection ive got health anxiety that makes me too scared to go to the doctors in case its something really bad and havent been for years apart from having ear syringing when im desperate i just panic in the doctors its and feel really embaressed just wandering if any ones got any advise as i will be stressing over this all night

Re: ear infection

Hi just before christmas i had very similar symptoms, aching teeth pain in my face and head and also around my eyes and my ears felt very full. I went to my gp and i had sinusitis and was put on antibiotics. Was very painful and made me feel quite ill. I actually went to the dentist because my teeth were so sore but he said my teeth were ok. I inhaled steam with some vapur rub in it a few times a day and that helped with the pain and pressure that i felt. not sure if it is a sinus infection that u have, but it sounds very similar.
    Lou

hi lou
    thanks for your reply
    yes it does sound like that i know everything is connected to your ears
    but my teeth are so painful i have got a bad tooth on that side but its seems okay its not like toothache they are all aching
    i wiill have to make an app with my doctor its just too painful

Hi trolleydolly,

Think you're right to try to summon up the courage to go to the doc. I had a very painful ear infection some years back, but the pain didn't really feel like it was coming from my ear, more like the side of my face. Best get it checked and hope you feel better soon

the doctor told me sinusitis can affect ur teeth & jaw mine were achy but it was mainly the top ones bottom ones were ok.

Ear infections are usually viral, but if your symptoms have not improved within 5 days then it is always best to go see your GP for a check up. You may need antibiotics to clear it, if it is an infection, it could well be congestion causing pressure/pain.

Hope you feel better soon.

thanks for your replies
    will phone doctors for appointment tomorrow
    im in to much pain not too

Thread Information