I am 36 and have suffered from Panic attacks since I was 21. When I first went to my GP with the problem, he said it was because I had a stressful job. I was given a two-page handout describing the fight or flight mechanism and left. For the next couple of years I suffered more and more panic attacks and started to either avoid a lot of situations or self medicate with alcohol.

Eventually things got so bad that I quit my job and set about trying alternative medicine. After one year off, a lack of funds and no real improvement in my condition got me working again. Over that ten years period I tried:

Hypnotherapy
Psychotherapy
Clinical Psychology
Transcendental meditation
Chinese Herbal

Therapy did uncover for me that it was probably a drunken car accident a few months before my 1st panic attack that set the ball rolling panic wise. But that there were many aspects before that could have caused problems.

Not one of these therapies worked. Eventually I got the Internet here and did my own research. Went to my Doctor and asked to be put on Propranalol (beta blocker) and then found Kava Kava the anti anxiety herb. Finally I felt I had some control, I gained confidence in situations that even though I might feel very anxious and uncomfortable it wasn’t going to always become a full-blown panic attack.

However Kava was then banned and I substituted this for Valerian which numbed my senses a bit and made me sleepy. I still avoided things like motorways and trains and cinemas.

Then two weeks ago I discovered EFT. It has changed my life. I now take only one Propranol instead of 3 a day. No valerian. No Kava and no alcohol. To test it on Monday I got the train to London, with no meds, walked around for 2 hours and came home. This would have been unthinkable for me 3 weeks ago.

The website is www.emofree.com
The system has been developed from Dr. Roger Calahan’s TFT. But is more user friendly and doesn’t cost $1500.00 to learn. The site has loads of info and a free manual to download. Pages 20/28 are worth printing as they have the bare bones of the system. Though I would suggest reading it all. As although it is a simpl but powerful tool the basics must be done correctly.