Page 1190 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 1906901090114011801188118911901191 LastLast
Results 11,891 to 11,900 of 11905

Thread: Complaints Box: post your daily moans...

Re: Complaints Box: post your daily moans...

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    People have a right to protest and its normally over something​ very important.
    I agree Lencoboy , the UK protests have been extremely tame compared with other European countries.
    That's exactly my point Carnation.

I personally think our PM is overreacting to a relative non-issue (and especially in comparison to certain other countries); no doubt in part because he and his party are currently lower in the opinion polls and he's probably trying to 'big up' both himself as PM and the Tory Party/govt in a desperate attempt to be seen to be doing something about proverbial 'Broken Britain' with the vain hope of regaining votes at the not-far-off GE, whose date is still yet to be officially confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    That's exactly my point Carnation.

I personally think our PM is overreacting to a relative non-issue (and especially in comparison to certain other countries); no doubt in part because he and his party are currently lower in the opinion polls and he's probably trying to 'big up' both himself as PM and the Tory Party/govt in a desperate attempt to be seen to be doing something about proverbial 'Broken Britain' with the vain hope of regaining votes at the not-far-off GE, whose date is still yet to be officially confirmed.
    On another but similar note, there are historical archived threads on DS dating back to the mid-late 2000s accusing the then-'New Labour' govt of stifling 'freedom to protest' and 'free speech' in general, especially in the name of 'anti-terror' legislation, so on the face of it, it seems like 'six of one, half a dozen of the other' as far as the Tories vs Labour thing is concerned.

I guess it's the nature of politics period; the incumbent PM/party will always get it in the neck over pretty much anything and everything, no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    On another but similar note, there are historical archived threads on DS dating back to the mid-late 2000s accusing the then-'New Labour' govt of stifling 'freedom to protest' and 'free speech' in general, especially in the name of 'anti-terror' legislation, so on the face of it, it seems like 'six of one, half a dozen of the other' as far as the Tories vs Labour thing is concerned.

I guess it's the nature of politics period; the incumbent PM/party will always get it in the neck over pretty much anything and everything, no matter what.
    Yep. Plus I think both main party leaders are, and should be concerned, by pro Hamas and antisemitism marchers, and the useful idiots incensed by Israel retaliating yet silent on the inhuman massacre that started it, terrorism, holding hostages to get fellow terrorists released or just use them as plain old human shields as they do their own people.

Now if these protesters were marching against all the deaths in various countries they seem less pro hamas, anti Israel or antisemitic.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed notable member's seemed to have left the forum. I've been gone for quite some time and only returned yesterday and I remember people asking for help and people offering support and the forum was very active

Hi Scissel, you are right. Lots of members not around. Some have left, some communicate by direct messaging. It's a lonely place at present and puts a lot of strain on the remaining members to reply to people in distress. Bearing in mind we can only reply if we are able to.
    Welcome back, by the way.

Hi Scissel, you are right. Lots of members not around. Some have left, some communicate by direct messaging. It's a lonely place at present and puts a lot of strain on the remaining members to reply to people in distress. Bearing in mind we can only reply if we are able to.
    Welcome back, by the way.
    I guess some people started finding this forum rather tedious and 'same old same old' on occasions.

The recent so-called decline in the use of this forum appears to have coincided with Covid becoming a lesser concern to most over the past 12-18 months or so, unlike at the height of the pandemic during 2020 through the first half of 2021 when it (understandably) appeared to be buzzing.

It would be nice to hear that the ones that have left for positive reasons, for instance, they are living their lives with no fear, anxiety and no longer need support.

It would be nice to hear that the ones that have left for positive reasons, for instance, they are living their lives with no fear, anxiety and no longer need support.
    Agreed.

Well I'll hold my hand up and confess I've not been posting much at all lately. Lots going on and very little of it good. Though I'll nip over to a more appropriate section for that.

But just on the subject of members active, in the last couple of years it's dropped off quite noticeably. It makes me worry the site might close.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Well I'll hold my hand up and confess I've not been posting much at all lately. Lots going on and very little of it good. Though I'll nip over to a more appropriate section for that.

But just on the subject of members active, in the last couple of years it's dropped off quite noticeably. It makes me worry the site might close.
    I think it's already been mentioned before (both on here and elsewhere on other forums) that online forums in general are declining in popularity and being superseded by other 'mediums' such as social media, etc.

I guess a similar analogy would be, say, when telexes were superseded by faxes and vinyl records superseded by CDs, both during the 80s.

Page 1190 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 1906901090114011801188118911901191 LastLast

Thread Information