Thread: advice needed

advice needed

HI all
    i would to have some advice and a little help ,
    my son is 10 and is have a few problems at school
    i had a chat with the school and they said that he really lacks
    confidence and that he gets really upset if the work is new or any thing if different and if any one calls him names , he has had a poblem with 1 boy for a long time and they say this boy does like my son but that my son needs help to build his confidence she is now going to see a lady in school 2 times a week and im sending him to after school culb 1 day a week , at home he is fine plays with is bother and sister fine , would love some tips on how to help him more to build up his confidences and not to make him not worry ssssssooooooo much thanks for your help,
    denisexx

denise

I have always thought while I was bringing my kids up to help with their confidence it's really good to praise them as often as you can.

I think this is almost impossible to do too much and I'm sure I missed lots of opportunities to do it even more. We all get so caught up with the whole day to day routine that this is so easily forgotten but it does do their self-esteem a power of good.

Infact later on I am gonna go and give them all some more praise.

Also there are some super books out there that may give you a bit more info. Check out Amazon cos they give reviews and that helps.

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

So true Piglet, thanks for that I think lots of us forget this and tell them when they are bad but forget to praise them when good. You have gave me something to think agout thanks. Vernon

Hi denise

Having three sons, I know how hard it is to do the right things for them all the time. I'd love to wrap all three of mine up in cotton wool and keep them indoors (their 15, 13 & 11, so I don't think they'd be very happy about it:()

Going to different clubs is a great way to make new friends and become more confident. My two younger sons did judo which was great for them. If he has real issues with anything new and different, the more you expose your son to different environments, he will get used of it and not feel so upset with change.

I'm not surprised he's upset if he gets called names, I would, and I hope the school has had words with anyone who does that. If your son is having a long time problem with another boy, the school must get that in check.

My son went through hell with one particular boy in his last year at primary school and I really regret that I didn't do more to support him. He's doing fine now though and children cope more than we tend to think they do.

I hope things work out, being a mum is hard (and being a Dad of course!!) Take care!

Jem xxx

hi all
    thanks for your advice it really does help
    piglet and Vernon you are both soooo right
    it is funny how we just go from day to day
    and something as simple as saying how great they they are and praising can help so much (we all need it don't we ) Ive started already ,
    and saying sorry when we are wrong ,
    jem like you i have 3 kids 7,10,12 ,it can be hard keeping them all happy ,the school have been great letters have gone home to the other boys family tyler does go to self defence and he enjoys that ,you are right the more different things he does hopeful he will get used to doing them and wont worry so much thanks again all denisexx

denise

Thread Information