This is for all us ectopic and panic attack sufferers:
I know exactly how you feel. However, having had these symptons for NINETEEN years I've come to the conclusion that it's not going to kill me. That's only been a recent conclusion though after I found this site. Now it's your turn. It is anxiety. Plain and simple. Armed with that knowledge, I would advise some lifestyle changes and here's why: I have suffered regular ectopic sessions for years but they have stopped in the last week. In the last three weeks I've had three missed beats...out of almost two million beats...that's pretty good. This has happened since I found this site. And listened to what I read(!)
This is the advice I read and this is what worked for me:
CAFFEINE- I've cut my caffeine intake down considerably, the taste of decaffeinated teabags is fine, not many would tell the difference. As for decaff coffee, I PREFER it!
I have two or three cups of caffeinated tea or coffee in the morning, that's it. Previously, I would drink ten or fifteen cups per day! Now I have decaff, fizzy water, water, herbal tea and a hot chocolate at bedtime...yum yum!
BANANAS- A banana a day helps the ectopics stay away!! Well, someone recommended it so why not? What harm can it do?
ALCOHOL- Stopped drinking. I've drunk way too much during the last 11 years especially. Alcohol numbs the fear, helps the ectopics, numbs the depression...BUT, it causes the feelings to return with a vengeance! I've had many panic attacks on hangover days...not a coincidence. The alcohol withdrawal causes feelings of panic and the jitters. Makes me smart at some of the attacks I had on the day after drinking...bad, bad, bad!
EXERCISE- Bearing in mind that your average ectopic sufferer thinks that they are about to die and that their heart is weak anyway(why else would you suffer ectopics?), exercise and the subsequent strain that would be put on the heart just doesn't enter the equation! However, I've suffered long enough. I'm sick of worrying. So I've been riding my recently bought bike everywhere! I've just been swimming for the first time in years!! My heart was pumping away like crazy...bang, bang, bang! IT FELT GREAT! Absolutely great! I can live again because I know that what I suffer from is ANXIETY.
I'm three weeks in tomorrow on this new life. I urge anyone who suffers from these things to do it too! Face the fear, do it anyway!

Just think, I've not exercised for a long time. I'm 40. I've smoked for 19 years(coincidence?). I've drunk more than most. I've suffered from anxiety and stress, ectopics, depression, other bits of health anxiety here and there. It's ruined my life! BUT, if you actually start to BELIEVE that what you suffer from is anxiety then surely that's a relief! And it can be beaten! I firmly believe that following the advice on this website will help a significant amount of people get their lives back.
However, if you suffer from anxiety and you are not willing to give up caffeine, alcohol or fags then your anxiety can't be that bad. Me, I've given up all three and I'm a different person. Good luck! x