Thread: pregnant and my heartbeat

pregnant and my heartbeat

Hi everyone as it says in the title im expecting a baby (in may).Ive always suffered from anxiety but ever since ive been pregnant my heart sometimes beats quite fast and also ive been getting what seems to be like a fluttering feeling aswell.I also remember what it seemed like a thump in the chest then afterwards my heart started thumping for a while,it took my breath a bit.

Just wondered if this can happen in pregnancy?and also is it something i should be concerned about?

Kim

Have a read through of these.

Certainly mention it to your midwife/ GP who will probably ask for a routine baseline ECG if it new to you.

Palpitations
    palpatations
    Missed heartbeats!
    sorry for being silly....but....
    Palpitations? Reassurance needed and some answers!
    Missed heartbeat question again
    IS THERE ANYMORE I CAN DO????
    ectopic heart beats
    Doc made ectopic fear worse
    missed heartbeats, still worried
    Skipped Beats
    Heart reassurance
    New to site.....Palpatation freinds!!!!!
    STILL SOOO SCARED OF MISSED HEARTBEATS-LOADS AGAIN
    Multiple Skipped Beats
    Skipped Beats AGAIN!!!
    Obsessed with my heart

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

When I was pregnant my normal, resting heart rate was about 105-115 bpm. I always had that fluttering sensation as well... I mentioned it to my dr a bunch of times, but she was never concerned... literly the day after my son was born my heart rate slowed down, and went to 80-95. I guess its just one of the joys of pregnancy... its just concerning for us panickers.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
    "I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance, never settle for the path of least resistance... When you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance"

"This too shall pass..."

hi kim jackie here. had three pregnancies in the past 3 years one of them a twin pregnancy. all pregnancies produce a faster heart beat perfectly normal. i too suffered other symptoms surrounding my heart all normal apparently. hope all goes well. fellow sufferer. first baby?

thanks ladies for your replies,it must have something to do with the pregnancy as ive never suffered with this before.
    Yes this is my first baby my little clomid miracle i call him(yes we're expecting a lovely little boy),we cant wait!

I'll let you know how i get on at the gp's
    xx

have one girl and 4 boys under three. girl is 12. boys are very loving congrats. do you have pcos? me too. had twins on clomid and two surprises after that using nothing. hope the anxiety isnt too bad mines seemed to subside during pregnancy

Hi Jackie yes i do have pcos.
    My anxiety goes up and down,one minute im fine the next its starting to take over(if you know what i mean).

kim x

know exactly what you mean one minute conquer the world the next defeatism. do you become anxious about anything in particular . how long have you suffered

Thread Information