Thread: Am i going crazy?

Am i going crazy?

Hello!
    I am a 19 year old girl and for the past 4 months i've absolutely been going crazy. i look at myself everyday and look for minor details and then, google it and get worried about the tinyest thing. Ex. Yesterday i notices that i have one eye bigger then the other and one eye is a bit dry compaired to the other, In the past 24 hours i have come to concluded that i have.
    MS
    Brain Tumor
    In the past four months i've though i had
    cervical cancer
    breast cancer
    brain tumor
    MS
    HIV
    Shoulder tumor
    Liver Cancer
    Skin Cancer
    ETC

And i am a healthy 19 year old. These thought just process over and over and over in my head that its affecting school, work and my relationships. Some days i actually believe i'm going crazy. Sometimes i get so scared i get mini panic attacks and i get dizzy and light headed.
    This website has made me realize that im not the only one.

Re: Am i going crazy?

Hi the fact you said you are healthy means there is no reason to worry! You should try and stop examining if you were really sick you would notice it a whole lot more than the tiniest symtoms plus anxiety has physical symtoms...look at one of the articles and click on health anxiety i have been through this and had migraines i thought i was dying of cancer! feel free to message me because i went through and still going through health anxiety your not alone on this and it might be best to get councelling x

Thanks
    I'm afraid of counseling though, I guess after watching girl interrupted im afraid to be diagnosed with a mental illness or for them to blow my anxiety out of proportion. Also i feel like i'm my anxiety is going to be official and i just want it to be a phase. I donno it just makes me uncomfortable.

I thought the same i was having intrusive thoughts and i REALLY thought i was going to end up killing someone and i told them and they didnt batter an eyelid they were just worried about the distress i was in and it was nothing to worry about they have herd it all before! You will be surprised with what they have to say and how normal you are but it is best to talk to someone in person x

It always feels like youa re going mad, when you are in anxiety/depression mixture stage.

I feel out of my body sometime, looking at the hands and they feel like they are not mine, thinking very weird patterns, having disturbing thoughts....

I have had it for a long time now, but it gets better after some time.

Dont worry....

Hiya, one of the best things I have done is read the thread on here 'Dr Google will see you now'. Please read it if you haven't - we are all there with you and the worst thing is the more you worry about illnesses, the more physical symptoms you get and the more convinced you become you are ill. Try not to worry and go to your GP if it continues - mine have been amazing they understand stress and anxiety so much better now and have not once dismissed me as a crazy woman, despite the fact I have seen 10 Dr's in total since 8th Jan

Thread Information