Thread: Swollen and painful face and temple

Swollen and painful face and temple

Hi, I noticed this morning that the right side of my scalp from the top of my head to my ear is painful to the touch, Also my right temple, cheekbone and forehead is tender and slightly swollen. I have no headache but my temple feels like it is throbbing and my jaw line is also tender. This is really worrying me and its giving me a bad anxiety attack. I keep telling myself that it might be a insect bite that has not come up yet. I do get bitten by everything out there and I was up the woods yesterday. I cant remember knocking my head so that cant be the cause. I just keep getting that dreaded feeling that something more serious is wrong and Im really starting to freak out. IS this a symptom of being anxious? Any advice would be very much appreicated guys xx

Re: Swollen and painful face and temple

Big question and ask someone else for an honest answer - is your face really swollen or are you just thinking it is a bit swollen - I'm not being funny here but it means alot your answer. If you face is really swollen then it could be anything from a bite to a sinus infection etc etc and would be best looked at by a Dr but if its not then it could just be altered sensation which can be anxiety related as I get all sorts of weird sensations like burns or pricklking or sharp shooting pains or itches.

Its not very swollen as to where it is very noticable and disfigured it just a little puffy along the temple. My partner noticed it too when I mentioned it was painful so its not all my imagination.

If its still bothering you or getting worse then obviously see a Dr - it could be from something very simple but of course we always assume the worst don't we

Thread Information