Thread: Lumps under my tongue.

Lumps under my tongue.

For the past week iv noticed i have sore lumps underneath my tongue. If i touch them with my finger there apears to be nothing there, but when i touch with my tongue its there. Its like its under the flesh and only comes up when i bend my tongue a certain way. Sorry im trying to make sense. Any how im really frightened about mouth troat cancer at the minute and cant help but keep on prodding it with my tongue. Iv had a sore throat for months so iv been at my doctors obviously worrying over throat cancer and was told everything was ok but still keep getting pain in the left side of my throat and have a lump there plus this with under my tongue. Im so sick of it so i thought id get some advice from you guys. Thanks x

Re: Lumps under my tongue.

Remember that we've all got lumps n bumps that we don't really give a second thought to and sometimes when we poke and prod then it makes them more obvious and can actually make them larger. We've all done it!! I'd try to make a determined effort not to touch it for a while and I bet you it will settle down.
    Myra x

Thanks for your reply Myra. Ill try x

Mouth problems - one of my favourites!! I constantly worry about the big C in my mouth (used to smoke, now have too much wine!). I do know that when I worry about something in my mouth I just cannot stop irritating it in some way (poking with tongue or biting lips etc)...so advice already given is spot on... Also, under tongue is a strange place with various lumps/bumps/colour etc and the blood vessels are really near the surface so it is easy to stress about...

Thread Information