Thread: incapacity benefit

incapacity benefit

Hi there,

Just need to know where i stand on this one i have severe anxiety,Asperges syndrome,Adhd i have been working for the past year but due to the panic attacks i dont think i can face it because the first one happend at work whold i be intitled to incapacity benefit ???

Re: incapacity benefit

Yes I think you would. I don't work at the moment due to my anxiety and I get income support. I have to attend a medical once or twice a year to see how I'm doing.

My Mum works on the DLA helpline and helps people in my situation all the time. I don't want to be on benefits but I see it as a helping hand while I'm fighting this terrible anxiety and depression.

You need to go to your Dr's and get officially diagnosed with anxiety if you've not already been and you will be given a sick note to give to the DWP. They will give you benefits until you can return to work. If you can't do so they will send you for a medical at which you will be assessed to see if you can work. They ask how your anxiety effects you daily etc and they then decide if you are fit to work. If you are not you will then be given incapacity benefit, if they think you are fit to work your benefits will stop unless you appeal.

Good luck and I really hope we can both get over this anxiety as it's awful to be suffering

Thread Information