Hi there Scorpionwhispers!

Everyone reacts differently to the medication. I gained nearly 25 pounds when I was on parox, and my doctor recommended cit for me because she had had better results with the weight-managing with most of her patients with cit. ;3 Recorded weight gain is probably bounce-back from when patients don't eat because of anxiety and panic, and weight loss is possibly from the same or from nervous eaters no longer feeling the need to constantly eat.

When I started cit, personally, I completely lost my appetite for two whole weeks - one of which I had to force-feed myself through. Mid-way through the second week my appetite returned with a vengeance, and I had to pay close attention to not over-eat, especially because many things were still not sitting well with me.

And now, with attention to my diet and just a bit of exercise, I've managed to lose 15 of that stubborn parox 25. I haven't really changed what I eat too much, I've just paid more attention to my snacking habits; switching carrots for chips, grapes or melon for sugary snacks. Water and milk instead of sodas, and moderating my juices to 6 ounce glasses and sipping instead of gulping. My exercise is a brisk walk around the block, working up to two, etc. Easy-peasy. Honestly, looking back I'd have to say the weight gain was all my fault in the first place. It was very much harder to lose it than it had normally been for me before, but my lifestyle had changed very much as well (high school vs. college). I think if I had a similar mindset on parox as I do now on cit, I would have been able to control my waistline a little more effectively.

Sorry for the long post, but it's a habit to cover all possibilities... I think very scientifically. :P

In short; just because you're on cit doesn't mean your doomed to gain weight. It doesn't doom you to losing it either. Pay attention to yourself and how you react to the medication when you first start, the side-effects will affect you the most. When it levels out it's just like being completely normal. (from my experience, anyhow)