Thread: tight throat and uncomfortable in the chest - help!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

tight throat and uncomfortable in the chest - help!!

hi there, just joined and very new to this site, but wanted to get some reassurance that i am ok from people that are experiencing the same symptoms. i have been experiencing anxiety on and off for a few months now. it started after my ex boyf split up with me unexpectedly in september and then i experienced a panic attack for the first time, which really scared me and i have been anxious ever since. i experienced palpatations and a racing heart and had various checks from the doctor and all is fine. he put me on beta blockers and citalopram which i have been trying to cut down as i have been feeling better. however about three months ago up to now i have been experiencing an uncomfortable chest and a feeling like there is a lump in my throat, which is really scary and i keep thinking the worse and really scared that something serious is wrong with me. sometimes i get indigestion and a burning sensation but i would say that the majority of the time i get a tight throat and feel extremely full in the chest. has anyone else experienced this?? part of me accepts that this is anxiety but i still get scared as feel so ill sometimes, any advice and reassurance would be great from fellow sufferers????? thanks Katy
    Last edited by katy3142; 12-04-10 at 20:09. Reason: wanted to state that i have just joined!!

Thread Information