Thread: strange sensation

strange sensation

I have recently started a new workout routine and am on my way to getting my pre-baby body back... I have gained 30 pounds with my 2 children. Anyway... I do cardio, weights, and abs... so sometimes I notice a tingly feeling in my side! It seems like such a strange place. I do have overhang on my jeans [:I] from flab... is it possible to get numb in your abs region just from having on tights jeans or healing muscles? I of course assume it is pancreatic cancer or some other deadly disease! I have stayed off the internet but in one of my magazines... a HOME decorating one... there was a man who's wife died of pan cancer and I know of a family going through it now... so the numbness is just sending me to poke at it ... so now my side hurts from poking! I'm such a nut.. just wondering if this has happened to anyone else... I'm used to numbness in legs, feet, hands... but now ribs and side???
    Thanks for your help!

I should also add that I have felt this sensation for a few years off and on... usually if i'm sitting funny and my jeans cut of circualtion! LOL So I know deep down it is not cancer as that doesn't sneek up on you over years course... but still... it is bothersome and I'd feel better to know I'm not alone or dreaming up silly sensations![:I] Just reading about Pancreatic cancer or anything else will send any normal feeling into that catagory! I'm doing so much better that these little set backs really stink!!!

hello,

We all have worries like yours about one terminal disease/illness or another. You have said yourself that it isn't possible so try to tell yourself that in a really loud voice a couple times a day..

Sarah

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

brilliant peice of advice sarah, if we all took it to heart we would be alot further on. also love youre wee statement, it made me smile will try to keep them both with me.

cheers from one who worries too much about her heart

Thanks! I usually just move on... but I haven't gotten enough sleep and that's when anxiety rears it's ugly head... thanks again for your kind words!

Thread Information