Thread: irregular heartbeat scared of it happening again and not going away

irregular heartbeat scared of it happening again and not going away

hi everyone back again, i've been doin quite well until tonight, i've been quite stressed out today and hav been crying as i had an appointment with caffcass about the children and had to go over old ground about the ex, but i hav just leaned down the side of my setee to get my daughters nappies and got an irregular beat for about ten seconds, it just felt like it was beating all over the place, not fast but irregular, and even when i sat straight it was stil there, im really scared now incase it happens again, i've had ecg's a 24 hour and 48 and all normal, just wondered if anyone can tell me if they get the same and that its nothing to worry about x

Re: irregular heartbeat scared of it happening again and not going away

Yes, I've had this an odd time. It's as though your heart is going completely haywire, then it goes back to normal!! I think it's yet another anxiety symptom probably because you have been particularly stressed. It doesn't mean that it will happen again so try not to worry about it.
    Myra x

thanks myra. last time i had it as bad as that was december, its just scary when it happens, thanku x

This happened to me too. I was really stressed, getting ready to go out and when I was in the car I kept getting ectopics, on the way back I kept feeling a weird sensation in my chest and throat, I checked my pulse and it was going absolutely nuts! It was beatin like, Beat beat....Beat...Beat beat beat... and so on.

Proper freaked me out as I thought I was gonna have some sort of heart attack any minute. I waited and waited and panicked but no heart attack and when I relaxed and took deep breaths and my irregular heartbeat went back to normal.

It's so scary though but if it happens again remember that you have been checked and your heart is completely healthy. It's just a symptom of stress and anxiety.

hi i get this about once a year, last time id been on a motorbike going at around 147miles an hour lol and the beat lasted for about 10mins was horrible. xx

My doctor told me that the irregular heartbeat is your body fighting with the anxiety, so your heart was speeding up because you are anxious and your bodys natural response was to slow it back down, and thats why its feels a bit out of sync for a min (and this is completly normal). Also have you read the info on here about the vagus nerve? there is a link on here somewhere to a website ran by a retired cardiologist who explains how this nerve effects your heart and how simple things like leaning over or eating a big meal can irritate this nerve and beacuse the nerve is near your heart it can make it feel like your heart is doing all sorts of crazy things. Im sure someone would post a link to this website i just dont know how!!

Sara,

Quote Originally Posted by sara8100 View Post
    hi i get this about once a year, last time id been on a motorbike going at around 147miles an hour lol and the beat lasted for about 10mins was horrible. xx
    that wasn't an anxiety attack, that was sheer terror Did you keep the bike at 147 for the entire attack?

As for irregular beats, yes they're atypical symptoms for stress. If anything they show your heart's healthy. Just think if you go to the gym you come home feeling fit if you've seen your pulse rate hit 150. Stress induces a flight or fight response, so you should be more worried if your heart didn't react to stress situations.
    Made for justice, we clamour for vengeance.
    Made for relationship, we insist on our own way.
    Made for beauty, we are satisfied with sentiment.
    But new creation has already begun.
    The sun has begun to rise.

Tom Wright, The Bishop of Durham
    from Simply Christian

thanks to everyone for your replies it does help, i am sick of worryin about them now x

Thread Information