Thread: ladies, please, i really need some help here :-(

ladies, please, i really need some help here :-(

i had my little sweety ten weeks ago. since then i had my first period 13 days ago, it only finished 8 or 9 days ago, and today like i started another one, i've been bleeding, having cramps, the lot... just went to out of hours but all they told me it can be period, just trying to settle itself, but need to go to my gp first thing to get examined since i haven't had my postnatal, or if i get more bleeding than it is now or cloths during the night i should go to A&E. Well, that is just fantastic, sending someone like me home with this information, how do i get through the night??? i know this may even sound crazy to someone, but i am always scared of bleeding, even with normal periods, bleeding like this is just too much for me, i keep worrying something is wrong, haven't had pap smear for years, maybe there's something, i mean would they notice if there was during my pregnancy?? i'm alone tonight with my baby as well, just hope this doesnt get worse, i am really panicking... why is this happening to me, i read breastfeeding moms dont even have a period during bf most of the time,and i get all this...what if it isnt period, how do i even know????

Re: ladies, please, i really need some help here :-(

I really feel for you, I have a phobia of bleeding since a D&C 4 months ago.

Go to see your GP first thing to get reassurance.

Tonight put a film on and try to nod off, it's how i got through my very heavy periods post op. Hubby stays with me until I am asleep, and he is there if I need the loo in the night to change my pad.

Try not to panic, you have just had a baby and it is very common to have irregular periods soon after. I bled for about 6 weeks then had a few weeks without then bled again after my 2nd child.

I hope you have someone with you tonight to help xxx

Not really :-( That's why i'm so scared...Hubby working so i'm alone with my baby .... Thank u for ur reply though...

I haven't had a baby (I hope in the future), but I have done some reading and it looks like it may take a while for your period to get back to normal as your hormones will take some time to regulate. I HAVE however had periods that have lasted ages and also come and gone, and there was nothing wrong. It was when I was going through stress in university when I was 21 so this shows how hormones can really play around with your body.

Having a baby affects everything. I would not worry too much about it tonight. Take the advice above. Try to relax with a favourite movie, take naps and call a friend or family to take your mind off it. Do you have friends who have had a baby that you can also talk to?
    Take Care. God Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel W View Post
    I haven't had a baby (I hope in the future), but I have done some reading and it looks like it may take a while for your period to get back to normal as your hormones will take some time to regulate. I HAVE however had periods that have lasted ages and also come and gone, and there was nothing wrong. It was when I was going through stress in university when I was 21 so this shows how hormones can really play around with your body.

Having a baby affects everything. I would not worry too much about it tonight. Take the advice above. Try to relax with a favourite movie, take naps and call a friend or family to take your mind off it. Do you have friends who have had a baby that you can also talk to?
    Take Care. God Bless.
    Thanks xx I tried to follow her advice as much as i can with my little one being very grumpy tonight, and on my own. No, i don't really have anyone, family far away and not many friends here either

hi try not to panic this happened to me but i rushed right to hospital was given scan and seen by gyno i was certain i was gonna die or something and alls it turned out to be was a very heavy period after giving birth.hopeu well soon tc

Quote Originally Posted by lisa12 View Post
    hi try not to panic this happened to me but i rushed right to hospital was given scan and seen by gyno i was certain i was gonna die or something and alls it turned out to be was a very heavy period after giving birth.hopeu well soon tc
    I wish someone would give me a scan lol It's just cause i just finished what i thought was period just over a week ago, that's it. Was that your first period Lisa?

i had my first bleed about 8 wks postnatal then another about 10 days after finishing that 1 and another about 2 weeks later again ,then things started to settle down they gave me some tablets called Tranexamic acid which are used for heavy periods to calm them down and these helped lots .my doc said it takes time for everything to settle after giving birth and that it was normal .
    Last edited by lisa12; 14-04-10 at 01:27. Reason: spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by lisa12 View Post
    i had my first bleed about 8 wks postnatal then another about 10 days after finishing that 1 and another about 2 weeks later again ,then things started to settle down they gave me some tablets called Tranexamic acid which are used for heavy periods to calm them down and these helped lots .my doc said it takes time for everything to settle after giving birth and that it was normal .
    Lisa, thanks, this helps me a lot to be honest, i just came from the doctor, all she said was it will take time for it to go back to normal, and that i may get another period again in 2 weeks...but what u said means much more then what she said lol
    it's not bleeding a lot now, but does hurt a lot, so it feels like it will get worse... i stop my life completely when i am scared like this, i am suppose to go out to town today but am worried to go because of the bleeding....

Thread Information