Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 32, single and alone

32, single and alone

I feel like shit today all because my mate said she couldn't go out until after her exams, in June. We're the same age, she's my only single friend in Dublin. I know she's dating a guy now too but anyway I said that it is fine. I leave the office, walking home the negative crap is in my head and I started thinking that nobody is ever around anymore, everyone has plans with their partner. I'm so alone, I'm not from the city i live in, I'm from another city but I now feel like I don't have any real friends in either place. The ones I have here drop me when they feel like it, the ones at home all are married and have no time or give a shit about my life because they can no longer relate to it. Ihave no relationship with my mother, I rarely see my sister because she has a boyfriend in another part of the country and spends all her time with him.

I feel so alone. Am I the only one, single at 32 and feeling like shit and if i'm not how do I get myself out of this headspace
    Last edited by Saor; 14-04-10 at 20:04.

Re: 32, single and alone

Aww :( I'm 23 this year and single, OK so much younger - but thats not the point.

I guess everything will happen at the right time, I'm sure when you find somebody you might not even be expecting it!! Just relax, you have friends, I'm sure everyone on here would be able to understand you and everyone is good to talk to as you must know yourself

Hang in there ((Hugs))

Hiya im 28 and single,i just feel like im never going o be happy something always goes wrong!

Just I would add my little voice to this thread. I'm 33 and single, feel like I'm destined to be this way forever, depressing feeling I know, however hard I try I can't seem to get anywhere. You're not alone Saor, although it can bloody well feel like it sometimes!! Take care

lookslike we not on our own feeling this way then!

Quote Originally Posted by nervy-paul View Post
    Just I would add my little voice to this thread. I'm 33 and single, feel like I'm destined to be this way forever, depressing feeling I know, however hard I try I can't seem to get anywhere. You're not alone Saor, although it can bloody well feel like it sometimes!! Take care
    Thanks for the hugs, it definitely does feel like it sometimes, you're the only one in the entire world that way....let down by friends because you are not priority, and no partner in crime. I think I'm going to be alone forever too and I hate that feeling. I hope not, I'm bursting with love when I'm not miserable, I've loads to give! Though I'm queen of the **** ups in relationships though, I can't let anyone close to me emotionally because it's too hard ya know?

I hope this passes tomorrow, I really don't want the title that everyone gives women in their 30's. I'd just like to go on a date with someone and feel wanted by someone. I'm not even thinking marriage or babies at all!!! Sniffle.

There are so much single people now in their 30s, its ridiculous that women get that label. I too worry about the labels and stuff.
    In reply to the fact you dont want to let anyone get too close, have you thought about going to counselling? They could work through any problems you might have.

Loads of my friends are married and have kids, and its heartbreaking really that the world is moving on and leaving me behind.

However considering that lots more women concentrate on careers first, and then end up in their 30s, 40s, 50s and think hmm when did my personal life go down the drain?

Its not just us with panic who have the singledom problem.
    Why not have a look at attending a meetup on here? That way you shouldn't feel like everyone is attached. )
    Love and luck
    Helen x

Have any of you tried online dating? x

Yeh i have tried online dating,i have met a guy been on about 12 dates,really like him but hes just found out he might have to move to oz with his job!im gutted,makes me feel so happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Hel_is_heaven View Post
    There are so much single people now in their 30s, its ridiculous that women get that label. I too worry about the labels and stuff.
    In reply to the fact you dont want to let anyone get too close, have you thought about going to counselling? They could work through any problems you might have.

Loads of my friends are married and have kids, and its heartbreaking really that the world is moving on and leaving me behind.

However considering that lots more women concentrate on careers first, and then end up in their 30s, 40s, 50s and think hmm when did my personal life go down the drain?

Its not just us with panic who have the singledom problem.
    Why not have a look at attending a meetup on here? That way you shouldn't feel like everyone is attached. )
    Love and luck
    Helen x
    Hey yeah i'm doing CBT at the moment, slow process and I want my personal life to move faster than my brain will let it impatient little me!!

I've tried online dating, and was contacted by nothing but liars bar one guy who was quite sweet but there was no chemistry whatsoever and we'd nothing in common. The other guys that contacted me were all players, one was engaged and the other had a girlfriend. They forgot how small a city Dublin can be and how you can find out about them. Alot of them are just doing it for the ego boost. Being in a capital city is the same worldwide there are always more women than men.

I have found someone I'm totally smitten with but I can't tell him because he shares a house with me so I guess that's not helping my case either!! Ah well!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information