Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-acceptance but given up!

Non-acceptance but given up!

My life story is long and arduous so I won't go into it, but the last 8 months has been absolute HELL for more than one reason. I haven't accepted my 'lot' in life but have given up. I used to come on here a lot and try to help or reassure people but I've even given up on that - Sorry!! How can someone who is still suffering fear after all these years possibly reassure someone?!

I still get fear attacks but a lot of my problems are depression and grief. I cannot get over losing my beloved cat over 8 months ago and I know it's because I have no life, I merely exist.

I'm not looking for answers because there are none. I feel exhausted from trying to just make it through the day with horrible feelings and thoughts. I feel my body will just give up one of these days and as long as it's in my sleep and I don't suffer anymore, I'm not bothered. I always believed even 30 years back that I would get well, but it has got worse over the years and I'm tired of it.

I just needed to let someone know how I feel

Thanks for reading if you did.

Els

Re: Non-acceptance but given up!

hi elspeth - im really sorry you feel so low at the moment - i dont know that much about you so forgive me if im wrong - but you say you only exist? are you basically alone? if you have had a hard time of it and you struggle with anxiety and depression, then life is an almost permanent struggle - and coping with that you should be very very proud of yourself - i know that that wont in itself acheive anything - i mean feeling good about yourself, when you still dont feel you can do anything to change your life, wont sort out all your problems, but its a good start?

i know that depression makes life painful and also stops us from searching out ways or doing things to help ourselves feel better - i mean life can be hard and lonely, but it is possible to find times of peace and happiness even when things are not good. i would never have believed this until i started to meditate 2 years ago - but now although my life is not how i would like it to be - i am okay. this meditation isnt taught by some person you wouldnt be able to relate to - its taught by a doctor and scientist, who is also a meditation teacher. i have suffered with depression onand off for 24 years - and this has been the only thing that has brought me any peace even when times are bad - please look into it elspeth it could really help? the guys name is jon kabat zinn - you can go to his own site or you can google him and see what comes up - what harm can it do?

i care that you are feeling bad and i care that you contribute to this site - emma xxxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    My life story is long and arduous so I won't go into it, but the last 8 months has been absolute HELL for more than one reason. I haven't accepted my 'lot' in life but have given up. I used to come on here a lot and try to help or reassure people but I've even given up on that - Sorry!! How can someone who is still suffering fear after all these years possibly reassure someone?!

I still get fear attacks but a lot of my problems are depression and grief. I cannot get over losing my beloved cat over 8 months ago and I know it's because I have no life, I merely exist.

I'm not looking for answers because there are none. I feel exhausted from trying to just make it through the day with horrible feelings and thoughts. I feel my body will just give up one of these days and as long as it's in my sleep and I don't suffer anymore, I'm not bothered. I always believed even 30 years back that I would get well, but it has got worse over the years and I'm tired of it.

I just needed to let someone know how I feel

Thanks for reading if you did.

Els
    i know how u feeling
    i still miss my dog i had to have put down 13 mouths ago
    i know how it feel's worrying and looking for things
    but remember this, people do care

I'm sorry that you are feeling low Elspeth. I have suffered from severe depression on and off for most of my adult life. I am now forty eight. I believe that you still have the capacity to be well and to lead a good and fulfilling life. I know that you have a 'faith'
    and are agoraphobic and have been ill for a long time. I used to feel that I would never be well so I used to pretend that I was 'well' till eventually I became 'well' again. This wasn't without struggle and extreme effort on my part. I have been hospitalised in the past and have had years of therapy including drug therapy and I willbe one some sort of drug for life. Maybe you need to stop struggling and just 'be' for a while until you decide which path is the best for you to take. You will need support on this journey but I know from my own experience that it will be a worthwhile one.

hi els

i think you are being too hard on yourself saying that you should not reassure others when we cannot do it ourselves because we ARE good friends to everyone BUT oursleves - and therein lies the answer - we need to be kind to ourselves.

so sorry to hear about your cat - my advice would be to rehome a little kitten or cat from a shelter that is in need of love - there are so many unwanted pets out there and it will give you a focus and routine in your life. i lost 4 cats to road accidents - the last one - it happened in front of me but i have four dogs and 2 birds - some of which are rescues. do not be cruel to yourself and deny yourself the love you would get from another cat - it is what your cat would want you to do x

sorry - my point regarding having lost my cats was that - it was incredibly traumatic and i still feel very sad about them but you will heal and the best way of healing is to share your love with another pet who is looking for love x

Dear Elspeth I'm nutty about cats too. My latest is called 'Phoebe' and my dear hubs calls her my daemon because she follows me everywhere (see Golden Compass) I had a brilliant cat called Stanley. He was very intelligent. He could open doors and even sat up at the table to eat his Christmas dinner! I hope this cheers you up.

the worst thing i have had to face in life is that there is no support for me - i dont know if that is the same for you? - but through therapy and mindfulness meditation i have been able to 'see' that the way we think really does have a massive impact on our mental state and physical health - i have had to let go of all thoughts of wanting to be cared for or loved or cherished or whatever - it still breaks my heart to see others being cared for - but the bottom line is this for me - i have to care about myself, even if no-one else does! - i had to stop listening to the thoughts in my head that said that if no-one cares or goes out of their way for me or supports me then im useless and unloveable - i have had to accept since the death of my mum 17 years ago that i am on my own -even when im not actually on my own i still am as no-one i know even remotely understands how ive felt for most of my life, and it isnt in my mind - everyone i know takes and is mainly concerned with themselves - they havent been touched by anything that has changed them, or they arent very sensitive/caring to begin with, and they dont understand how it feel to be anxious and sad for most of the time. if i ever want anything doing i have to ask, and when ive been at my worst no-one has even noticed!

what im trying to say is that actually you may not have anyone who cares and you may well be on your own like i am - but you can still carry on - you can take very good care of yourself and you can flourish and grow and be all the things you think you cantxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx sorry also about your cat - i have 2 dogs and i dont know how id feel if they werent here, but i can imagine - its a good idea to re-home another pet?

Thank you Emma, ElizabethJane, Joannap and wotcanisay for your replies.

Emma - yes I live on my own and am alone in all other ways. Honestly Emma, I have tried everything over many years to change my life, because I know that doing the same old things will bring the same old results, but nothing seems to help. I've been turned down for CBT, I was also supposed to be seeing a counsellor who kept postponing appointments, then told me that he's only allowed to see someone 3 times!!! It's all a big joke!! It's not like I sit on my a*** all day feeling sorry for myself, the only help I get is medication. I was given a list of people who could maybe help but it costs and I have none as I am on incap benefit. So he said 'Mind' had a wait for it..............60 week waiting list!!!!!!!!!!!! I am 52 Emma, and know when I'm beat

There is so much suffering in the world, it sickens me

Anyway, thanks again for replies and for caring. Take care all.
    Love
    Els
    xxx

You r only Beat when you give up Elspeth ...Even if you do have to wait a long time for an appointment with Mind ,its still something to strive for .The world is full of suffering ,but its also full of wonderful things and places .People youve never met, and things to do youve only ever thought about .Life is a gift and is worth fighting for .. Do it for you ...You deserve much more ...Take care LUV Sue x

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information