Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dizziness, off balance, feel drunk .... anxiety or actual illness!! Plz help x

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dizziness, off balance, feel drunk .... anxiety or actual illness!! Plz help x

Heyy,
    To cut along story short... im emetophobic, have been for the past 11 yrs, since i was 11! This has now turned into a fainting fear and general health anxiety... panic attacks everyday, generally shit feeling at the mo...

For the last few weeks iv been feeling really off balance.. like im drunk! It gets worse when sat there thinking about it.. i try to distract myself bt its still very strong in my brain to keep the symptom there!

Im so worried i could be actually ill .... how can i feel off balance all the time if im not anxious all the time, surely i must be ill??

Im temped to check google, but know thatl make things much worse!

Im just fed up now... everyday im off balance and feel like im wobbling all over the place (when im obviously worse!)

Please, if anyone else has had this, plz help! Im going insane.... is this a symptom if anxiety??

Thankyou in advance xx

Re: Dizziness, off balance, feel drunk .... anxiety or actual illness!! Plz help x

Sorry, i meant (when im obviously not!*) x

Re: Dizziness, off balance, feel drunk .... anxiety or actual illness!! Plz help x

I have constant dizziness! Your not alone, it's such an annoying symptom of anxiety and unfortunately one of the most common ones. I have some bad moments when I think of having a serious illness but been checked by dr and am assured it's anxiety. Hope you feel better soon

Also the off balance thing drives me dippy!

Hey

It could be your ear/ears. I've had this and of course I was told it was anxiety by one GP and I had to really stand my ground, it turned out to be my ear.

One thing you can do is stand still with your feet together, touching, so they're as close as possible and stand with your eyes closed counting to 30. You may sway quite a bit and if you fall to one side it can mean that you have a problem with the ear on the side that you fall to.

Another test is to close your eyes and march on the spot for 30 seconds and if when you open your eyes, you have turned in a certain direction, that can show that you have a problem on that side.

Try them, I don't know what happens if you have a problem with both ears though!

Get it checked out by a doctor!

I agree that you should find out whether you have an inner ear imbalance as I feel like this all of the time because I have vertigo (which I'm now taking medication for). It is possible that it could just be anxiety too of course but a doc is prob best person to ask.

I know how awful it feels to be dizzy all the time to ((BIG HUG)) xxx

Jules Renard

Who knows what causes this. I had it for 8 months or so and it ended up just going away. You could get it checked out by an ENT, see if it is an inner ear problem, but this does happen with anxiety for some reason.

i know how you feel.
    I feel constantly like you do, like ive had a drink or two but i havnt, off balance when im walking andi feel like im always walking to the left a bit and think im a few inches taller than i am and i will tip over.
    It scares the hell outa me. Ive also been told its anxiety by a couple of doctors and i wasnt convinced as like you i feel it constantly not just when im anxious. I even feel it when just sitting watchin tv or sitting talking to people.
    Ive had a couple of episodes of "spinny" dizziness which frightened me so much you wouldnt belive. Now my doc says its inner ear if its "spinny" dizzy and has given me cinnarizine which you can get over the counter at a pharmacy. I got these as im afraid to take meds and as these can be used from age 5 i was convinced they would be ok!! i didnt have earache or anythign but doc said its not painful, its deep inside the ear.
    i only got them friday and im having a glass of wine tonight so im going to start them monday.

i hope you feel better soon xxx

i had this a couple of months ago, i constantly felt drunk and was dizzy alot, as im a busy mum of 3 it was hard for me to do housework etc as the more i moved around the worse it was. it was horrible and also i found was worse at night for some reason! i went to my doc and he looked at my ears and said my ears werent too bad and it sounded like something called labyrinthitus (sp?) and gave me some meds (which i was too scared to take as i hate taking meds!!) so i just got on with it and now finally im starting to feel it alot less i read up about it and apparently it can last up to 8 weeks or more! go and see your gp and he can tell you whats going on hope u feel better soon

Right now my dizziness is horrible. It's weird like I'm on a boat... and I'm getting throbbing sensations, every time my heart beats my whole body sways. It's all anxiety related, though It's hard to convince myself of that. I constantly feel this is a symptom of a terrible illness, but again that's part of the anxiety.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information