Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could my son have mental health issues?

Re: Could my son have mental health issues?

does your sons' school have access to a 'relateen' councillor? [a councillor specifically for teenagers probs from relate],they will probably see him at school, which might be a starting point. A lot of secondary schools now do and it might help him a little untill GP can maybe get somthing organised?

good luck

Re: Could my son have mental health issues?

my daugter is 12 in may - weve gone up for counselling as she was having problems with a girl - you know the usual thing - they are all struggling to find their feet - and me and her dad have not got on solidly for a couple of years - she has no other support except me - well she saw her counseller at school and she branded me as weak!!!!!!

which i prob am as well as alot of other things - good and bad - i dont care about what this person has said - but im saying, counsellors are ppl too - sometimes they arent even very good a their jobs.

my daughter has a casual freind - th egirls a bit argumentative, selfish and awkward - ive seen it myself when shes been here or been out with us -and her mum and dad are pretty weird - they live ina big house in an affluent area - but they got upset yesterday that my daughter was bouncing a blow up dice on their kitchen floor - then they told her off for back chatting and the mum said she would slap the daughter infront of my daughter if she said her dad was being awkward again!!!!! these ppl havent put their daughter up for counselling, becasue they dont have any awareness of the consequence of their actions - ive put my daughter forward and i get labelled as weak! -sometimes we can have too much awareness - too much worrying that we are doing damage - we arent. we care and we care deeply - i think thats enough

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information