Sorry I did put this in the other section but realize its not often read:

Well at last went to see a cardiologist. He has ordered an echo and blood tests but, looking at my 24 hour monitor, he was thinking it is (the palps) due to stress and anxiety. What the monitor did not capture is those fluttery ones where the heart goes so rapidly and then it stops and restarts...God I hate that, especially as i get so dizzy. The cardio said that these were bouts of AF...I had no idea it was.

He was a lovely man an explained that if I learn some breathing technique and learn to relax, the ectopics will calm down. Just to check the AF he has ordered an echo. Now because he called it that, I am now anxious to think I have had bouts of that. Does anyone else get those long flutters? Can they kill me and could they go on and on etc?

The thing I just cannot remember is this. I had given up smoking for a few years and re-started last year. Anyway, I tried to give up using nicotene patches.

I had a few fluttery heart thingy's years ago and am not now sure if I was wearing patches then. Anyway, I used 25mg patches this time, really high dose...but in the end, with a bad cough, I gave up cold turkey and stopped the patches. Just cannot remember if I had them on with the heart flutters or not

I wish could remember if i had patches on when I had the bad AF. On saying that, I think I had a small flutter last week though, and I have not smoked since 13th December