Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: heart Flutters

Re: heart Flutters

Hi Typer

I think there can be a tendency for health anxiety sufferers at times to select parts of information that fit in with only the most negative prognosis & worst case scenario, I know I have been guilty of it so many times myself.

You may have read a few posts recently that you have found worrying, but then again put these up against the hundreds that give reassurance and positive reinforcement.

I notice that you have posted your concerns about AF on RLR's forum and I am sure that he will have some valuable input as always.

Best Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by skippy66 View Post

I have to say that my palpitations are the cause and the reason my Health Anxiety persists. It feeds off them. When I have a day with only a few palps I usually feel great mentally and I won't come running to this forum for reassurance. When I have a bad day of them, like today, I come running to this forum for the slightest thing like a numb finger.

If I can cure my palpitations I will have cured my health anxiety. But I reckon the cure is to accept them, accept that they are truly harmless. Easy to say, but when you're in the middle of a flutter you simply can't accept them as harmless no matter how hard you try.
    I read this and thought how appropriate, I think you have summed my feelings up exactly in two paragraphs skippy !

I have also had two stress tests done, one just recently and have been told that everything was fine although I did have a couple of pvc's in the "cool down" phase, I was informed that these were of no significance.

I have also heard the line that half the population suffers from pvc's at some stage. Prehaps we are the fortunate ones that are so very conscious of them happening - but then again maybe not !

I feel the same way.

The post that made me worry about what might happen. was one about someone who had been to hospital a few times with SVT after a few years of palps, but the most scary one was this post on RLR's site:

http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-...num=1271418910

However, in a previous post RLR had said it was impossible for palps to change to AF

the link to which is in my own post on there.

http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-...num=1271939069

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

I'm with you Skippy66.The fibrillating ones are as scary as all hell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information