Thread: Pain behind rib - please help....

Pain behind rib - please help....

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help (or at least reassure me)

For the last week I have been getting a pain behind my right ribcage and Im absolutly petrified.

My boyfriend says I have just pulled a muscle, but im terrified it is something more - maybe cancer?

Please help, im beside myself.

Thanks

Re: Pain behind rib - please help....

It's likely you have pulled a muscle, or its wind. I get rib pain alot, and I have put it down to crouching at my desk or computer when working! Have you been curling up a lot recently? Also constant shivering hurts tummy muscles, which is why you might feel pain there after a swim in the sea.
    I also have IBS so that may be a factor. You could try stretching out.
    I really really wouldn't worry about cancer or stuff like that. After all my years of ribby pain, I'm none the worse. If it was a very bad stabbing horrible and lasting permanent pain, then that would be the doctors call.
    Hope that puts your mind at ease slightly.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Is it at the bottom of your rib cage? Is it in the centre, or on one side? I had rib cage pain for ages about 18 months ago. Mine was on the left hand side, at the bottom of my rib cage. (I feel like I am replying to every post on here saying 'I had this' or 'I had that', it's just that I have had a lot of things over the years!) I really obsessed about it and thought it was all sorts of things. I went to the doctor who, interestingly, told me I had an extra rib, but that there was nothing wrong with me. I think what had happened was that I pulled something, and then started to obsess and focus on that area which basically made the pain continue a lot longer than it would have done. I have done this with many different areas of my body so I know it is perfectly possible! I can't remember what made the pain go away, I suspect I got distracted by some other symptom, but it did clear up and it turned out to be nothing.

Now THAT is interesting, because I have often thought I feel like my rib is growing into my other ribs or into my body and it feels like it gets "caught". Sorry to post again but that is really interesting!

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Thread Information