Thread: Lower back pain

Lower back pain

I keep getting lower back pains, they last a few days then go off and back again a week or two later. I constantly have upper back aches and neck aches from bad posture & computer work but this lower back pain is NEW.

I don't have problems with going to the toilet and i can't remember if i lifted something too heavy & no radiating pain or tingling in the legs. I have 2 little ones under 2 that i have to carry a few times a day but they're both under 10 kilos.

Is it possible for a 27 yr old to have lower back problems? Has anyone else had it and it wasn't a symptom of something more serious? I read on the internet that lower back pain is a symptom of nasty medical emergencies.

I hate asking this but any new pain or symptom flares up my horrid health anxiety.
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

Re: Lower back pain

hi yes it is possible to have a bad back in your 20s thats when i started with mine iand still have it now im 43 so its nothing to worry about it could be with carrying the children

Re: Lower back pain

Yes it's perfectly possible to have lower back pain at 27. This is when mine started and it also helped kick off my health anxiety - joy! Turns out I have two bulging discs. Sounds a bit dramatic but these days I can hardly ever feel pain associated with it and when I do it's very mild. had a bit of physio and lots of pilates! I also can't remember hurting my back or lifting anything heavy etc. You should go to docs to get it checked out. Mine was diagnosed with an MRI scan so don't panic if they ask you to go for one of those!

Thread Information