Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help! I feel like im going out of control... hands/arms dont feel like mine?!

Re: Please help! I feel like im going out of control... hands/arms dont feel like min

You're definitly not mad!
    I still get this with my anxiety... it happened today whilst driving my car, my hands went numb and really hot and when i looked at them they felt like they werent attached to me... very odd! But just anxiety.... x

Re: Please help! I feel like im going out of control... hands/arms dont feel like min

I've had this before, it's horrible but it won't hurt you.
    There are loads of threads on here about it..weak arms, arms not feeling like you're own etc etc...we can't all have the same disease lol.

Sounds like you could do with a nice relaxing massage yourself!
    I hope you feel better.

Emily xxx

v. survived, surviving, survives
    v.intr. 1. To remain alive or in existence.
    2. To carry on despite hardships or trauma; persevere
    3. To remain functional or usable

v.tr. 1. To live longer than; outlive
    2. To live, persist, or remain usable through
    3. To cope with (a trauma or setback); persevere after

YES !!!!! I was just scrolling through the new posts for some things to reply to and this one leapt out at me. I have had this LOADS of times over the years (but only with my arms), and then more you stare at them and the more you worry the worse it gets. It feels like they aren't being 'made to work' by you, but are alien things attached to your body. It is the wierdest feeling, but it is definitely part of anxiety and will go as soon as you stop focusing on it. Easier said than done I know.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhayz View Post
    This is a classic anxiety symptom. Its called Depersonalization. Google it. Its perfectly normal for anxiety sufferers and totally harmless.

Relax your breathing and take a nice hot bath and just chill. It will pass. Ive had this for months and you will learn to accept it and realise its perfectly normal and harmless.

To put a personal story to depersonalization there was a week where I thought I existed in a different world. Sounds funny now and maybe even fun but it certainly was not fun when it was happening. I always felt like my mind was 2 steps behind my body. I ended up taking a few days to ground myself and rest, and came out much better. Best of luck to you, but know you are not alone.

I'd heard of depersonalization but never experienced it until last year. It doesn't last very long when it happens to me but I definitely get this feeling of being detached or watching events from outside of myself, if that makes any sense. It's weird but when it happens try to remember that it's a normal part of anxiety and not a sign of anything serious.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information