Thread: depression and heart burn

depression and heart burn

I have been taking prothiaden for depression which I got many years ago after a very difficult job I was doing.
    Do you think that these drugs could cause heartburn ? my mum died two years ago and the doc doubled my prothiaden and ever since I have had heartburn,it really drags me down and that seems to make me depressed and make me worry that it may be cancer, I told my doc this and she said,"If you had that you would not be able to swallow and would lose a lot of weight, but I am frightened to go for a camera to be put down my throat, does anyone think that depression can bring on heartburn ?

Re: depression and heart burn

I am on fluoxetine & since I have been on them I have been suffering with a lot of heartburn, mine does say that it is a common side effect, I keep myself dosed up on Gaviscon & extra strong mints. Maybe visit your GP & ask them to put you onto some other meds to help with the heartburn, last time I was put onto Lansoprazole (?spelling) which did really help.

Re: depression and heart burn

If you look under heartburn on the net they say DO NOT HAVE MINTS as this is one of the causes,but thanks,I wll see the doc but prothiaden does not say in the side affects it gives you heart burn,a chemist did tell me that the coatings on some drugs can cause it.

Thread Information