Thread: Headaches in the back of the head??

Headaches in the back of the head??

Are these normal for anxiety disorder patients? Sometimes I get these hot/cold sensations in the back of the head. I also get these pressure feelings in that area as well and headaches. Kind of worries me because I don't want something wrong with my brain

Re: Headaches in the back of the head??

I had similar things happen,,yeah it's probably just anxiety, you would be amazed the things it can bring on...Yes i know you start to think you have all kinds of things wrong with you. The best thing to do is get these things checked out at the Dr, because that way you have a little piece of mind.
    Really your not on your own lots on here will feel exactly the same as you do,,,Hope you start to feel a little better soon,,
    Regards Redrainbow,,

Hey,

I get heaps of pressure in my head and face. It's a really horrible sensation and I understand exactly how you feel! Also get hot and cold sensations in my head and plenty of headaches. My doctor and psychiatrist have told me these are definitely anxiety symptoms for me and are 'tension headaches'. Which makes sense because I'm always anxious and tense even when I think I'm not! I had all of these before I knew I had anxiety and panic disorder so fears about my brain were big for me. My doctor told me straight out that it wasn't my brain but I asked her for a scan just to reassure myself. She even showed it to me and explained the images so I would feel okay about it. To me it really sounds like the same as mine, but it's always good to check in with the doctor for that reassurance and certainty they can provide

Yes definately anx symptom. I get this quite often, actually have it today!! And it is damn annoying haha.
    Basically you hold a lot of tension in your neck and shoulders, and even when they do not feel achy you may still be tense. This results in the pressure feeling that you having the back of your head.

Best thing is to try relax (i know hard to do), take a nice hot shower, sit and watch a movie etc ...

If you are still concerned pop to your doc and ask for them to check you out, always helps for piece of mind.

Thread Information