Thread: Bodily reactions?

Bodily reactions?

Hi - I am not sure if I have posted this in the right forum but here goes! I have had a reoccurence of my panic attacks since Christmas time when I went away on holiday. I went back to see my GP after Christmas and have been seeing him weekly. He suggested I take anti-anxiety tablets on a needs basis which I have been doing and managing like this.

I have had the month from hell in January with a whole catalogue of disasters ranging from going down with flu, a car accident, lots of stress at work, worrying about finding the money to pay for a new car and now one of my dogs has skin cancer which has meant a big operation and maybe more treatment, not sure yet. BIG STRESS!

However alongside these panic attacks, I have had only on three occasions so far the most horrible bodily reactions to stress that I have ever experienced since being plagued with them over 20 years ago. It starts off with just feeling a bit off colour, not right, like you have eaten something that hasnt gone down right, and then builds and builds to the point where my body just literally empties everything out of me!

I went out on Saturday night, which I had been looking forward to for ages. I did feel a bit tired which I put down to all the stress but was really enjoying the evening when all of a sudden I felt strange, not panicky just unwell. I went really cold and started shaking and within half an hour I was literally so ill ... I have never experienced anything like this. I couldnt get to a toilet ...I was ill in the car ...it was horrendous.

My GP has said that physically he does not think there is anything wrong and has put it all down to the stress. He has given me Spasmonal to calm my digestion down but I just wondered whether anybody else had experienced these type of bodily reactions to stress on such a profound scale! I thought I had food poisoning or a virus ...I can't believe that my body could react so violently to stress!!

In the past I did have IBS but it was never as bad as this? I have lost half a stone in these three weeks. Has anyone else had such a bad bodily reaction to stress alongside their PA's?

[:O]

OH Yes

When I had my first panic I didn't know which end to attend to first or my heart or my breathing etc

Adrenaline certainly does produce a violent reaction.

Health Anxiety

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD.

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

www.nomorepanic.co.uk and there is an IBS page.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

When I was acute I needed to be near a loo at short notice and had constant diarrohea and was sick a few times.

They told me it was anxiety and yes I had it for months on end and it was not nice.

It is horrid so I can sympathise.

Nicola

Thanks for your postings and advice. Its reassuring to hear that other people have had similar experiences. I'm hoping the Spasmonal will help alongside all the other strategies I am trying to put into place. xx

Thread Information