Thread: waking up feeling shaky for no reason

waking up feeling shaky for no reason

hi everyone, i have not posted for a while as i felt i was managing my panic/anxiety ok with the help of sertraline and counselling. for the last week though i have been waking up in the early hours feeling very nervous and shaky, like tummy is full of butterflies and body is buzzing, i do not feel the same as panic attacks before but don't know what is causing this any ideas. not been having bad dreams and then once i am up for a while it seems to go away, especially after i have had sertraline. ? need higher dose on 100mg x

Re: waking up feeling shaky for no reason

Hi, I get this every time I have a bad relapse. Its the most frustrating part of it, becuase youre still half asleep and your body is freaking out before you even know which way is up!
    Ive found beta blockers help this, as the main problem is my body reacting to the adrenaline in my blood. AND relaxation, I have an ipod that I leave on my other pillow so that I can switch it on and listen to a relaxation app when I need it.
    Ive found that after about a week this problem starts to go away, its a slow process, but it does. When I told my therapist she suggested that my body was anxiety sensitive, so everything was setting it off.
    Hope this helps.

Re: waking up feeling shaky for no reason

thanks vicky. this is just a new symptom for me usually been ok at night once i get off. i keep an ipod under my pillow as well and use it most nights with relaxtion tape. i am wonder if it is cos it is the week beofre that time of month and i usually get more anxious around then plus i am trying to get back to work fulltime after phased return and stuff goign on so maybe this a bit more stressful than i am ready to cope with fully. i will keep plodding on and hope it settles. keep well. x

Thread Information