Morning folks!
Just joined this forum this morning (Monday) after reading some of the posts and trying to find some solace in other's experiences of taking this med. I'm now on day 8 of taking Cit and this morning seems an improvement but the past week has been rough.

Last Monday when I went to the doc and he prescribed the meds I felt pretty much ok, my depression and anxiety were not that evident and I put this down to having the doctors appointment, it raised my spirits. Tuesday was not the best, felt incredibly anxious all day and eventually took a beta blocker to help calm myself in the evening. I'd been prescribed the beta blockers the previous week and got really desperate when they didn't have much effect on the mental anguish I was going through, but they helped to reduce the effects of the anxiety a little in the short term that night.

Wednesday was a little better, still had that awful anxiety buzz, my body felt tense but it was milder than the day before so I felt hopeful. The worst part of this is that the anxiety makes me distracted so I find it difficult to find ways to relax and it makes everything so urgent when my mind starts racing and I feel really desperate to find the off switch so I can stop feeling this way.

Thursday, as some of you will know, was a really hot, humid day which made me feel rough as hell. I was supposed to be doing some stuff for the local community radio station I'm currently volunteering for, but the guy I was working on that with didn't show and I was sat in the baking sun for half an hour which didn't help me at all. I ended up spending the rest of the day flaked out trying to cool down and stay hydrated after sweating like a race horse all morning.

Friday was the worst of the week, I had a really bad panic attack on the morning which jangled my nerves since I've not had anything that intense before. I got an appointment to see the doc within the hour and he told me that anxiety is often increased in the initial stages of taking Cit, which is something I'd already read here on this forum. I guess I just felt desperate to talk to someone about it and decided to take it as just one of the effects of my body getting used to the meds. I went over to a friends house that afternoon to watch a movie and chill out. At least it got a bit cooler by the time evening rolled around.

Saturday was an insight. The previous couple of days had drained me and I spent half the day laid in bed trying to relax and the rest just watching DVD's to try and numb my racing thoughts. I told my friend on skype that I now had some idea what people felt like when they were going through drug detox like you see in the movies. My anxiety and depression gave me a hard time but I eventually managed to relax and eventually went for a walk to get some air later in the evening even though it hadn't cooled down that much.

Sunday, a bad morning, my anxiety seemed to touch off with every thought and it took a great amount of effort to get myself out of the house and over to the Mind center where they hold an open drop in social thing. I've been going there just to get out of the house and meet a few people, my social circle is pretty limited, something that doesn't help much. I walked over to Mind, sat around in their open center for a couple of hours and had a chat with a few people I knew and some I didn't. The weather became a bit rainy as I headed home and I was thankful it was cooling down and not blazing sunshine (not a huge fan ). On the way home I took my friend's advice and got some camomile tea. He said it helps relax you and it's caffeine free so that will help the anxiety, and I think it did!

The worst part about Sunday was that my anxiety seems to descend on me as soon as I wake up. Once I swim into consciousness, my mind starts racing and that tension in my body stops me from simply rolling over and grabbing some more sleep as I usually do. That morning I'd gone to sleep about 1.30ish and woken up about 4.15 then laid their trying my best to get a bit more sleep without a great deal of luck. This left me feeling washed out and tired all day. I couldn't even snooze in the afternoon due to me being so uptight and tense from that low level of anxiety buzzing through me.

Now it's Monday, the weather is cooler, thank god, I managed to get a reasonable sleep, I think I even managed to roll over and go back to sleep after waking at stupid o'clock and I'm feeling a bit more up after having a short time feeling down and anxious after I woke up. It wasn't particularly strong compared to previous mornings and it faded after I took my Cit and a beta blocker before breakfast. Hopefully this is the first of my better days and I'll see a reduction in the panicky feelings. Maybe the camomile tea is better than I thought .

I'll post more as it goes on.