Re: First week of Citalopram

Hi Shaun

Fingers crossed for you!!!

Best of luck Shaun

Thanks for the thoughts keta and Yvonne

Week 6, Thursday day 39
    Woke up about 6 as usual, no drunken locals waking me up at unearthly hours of the morning so a full night of uninterrupted sleep. Got up around 8 feeling pretty refreshed and started pottering about. I was a bit jittery this morning but I feel that I'm heading out of this blip now. Once I'd had breakfast, chatted a bit with people in the chat room and had a shower I was feeling pretty ok.

I didn't have anything particular I needed to do today so went and got my hair chopped so it wasn't all over the place and making me hot in the weather then decided to get going on finishing off updating my CV, something I've been putting off for a while and only doing little bits of for the past month or more.

With that done, headed out for a bit of a walk. The weather here is cloudy and humid today so feeling a bit stifled despite a strong breeze. Hope it's not hot and muggy like this next week when I'm going for my interview.

And for those of you wondering whether I've been to feed the ducks recently, no I haven't. I tend to prefer doing that when the park isn't too busy and with the warm, sunny weather recently it tends to be full of people with kids, which isn't my ideal situation to be in. Plus I've been pretty busy for the past week or two anyway and just haven't had a lot of time to spend down there.

Anyway, feeling pretty good, especially now I've got the 2nd interview with E-Strands, so will keep you posted

Better days people
    Shaun

hey things are looking up for you, nice one

Week 6, Friday day 40.
    Not much to talk about today really, had a good night sleep, woke up feeling pretty much ok, feels like I'm leaving the blip behind that's been dragging me back a bit this past week or two.

The only thing that makes me feel nervous is when things start happening too fast, like when there are a few people in the chat room and the chat is moving too fast, I get a buzz of anxiety so often have to stop looking at it. This makes some people think that I'm ignoring them in chat but I'm simply having to take my attention away from it for a while until it calms down a bit. I much prefer the chat early in the morning when it's just a handful off us in there having a bit of a chat as we start our days.

Anyway, just going to have a relaxing weekend. I finally got my CV updated yesterday, something I've been putting off for over a month so I'm happy that it's done now. I'm looking forward to my interview next Friday, feeling good about this one so hopefully I'll be employed again soon

Bit of an improvement I'd say considering that before I started the Citalopram I was panicking just from thinking about job interviews.

Better days people.
    Shaun

Week 6, Saturday day 41 and Sunday day 42
    Not a great deal going on, a fun chat with other NMP members on Saturday that got quite chaotic and made us laugh. Thanks to everyone involved as well as SueBee the mod for not kicking any of us for misbehaving

Went out for a nice walk in the sun, I don't often enjoy the sun but I was just out for a stroll, not moving too fast so just tried to enjoy the sun a bit. I wandered through the cemetery where all the trees are heavily grown and it was bliss to be in their shade with all the birds around me, I decided to hide for the rest of the afternoon after that.

Getting a decent nights sleep now despite the fact it's so damned hot, I've had to keep my desk fan on all night, aimed over the bed to try and keep me cool. Now the wind has switched to blowing from the south there isn't even much of a cooling breeze.

Last night we had one heck of a thunder and lightning storm over Middlesbrough, I won't say much more as I know some people have phobias about such things and talking about it may cause them problems, but suffice to say, it was pretty loud and the rain was tropical when it came down, straight down and warm, kind of enjoyable to stand out in it for a while

Sunday morning saw me lying in until 9am again after waking up at 5am needing the loo and feeling hot already. It looks like it's going to be another scorcher. I'll see how sweltering it is out there when I head over to the Mind social afternoon session. Chances are after wandering there and back I'll just want to hide for the rest of the day trying to stay cool.

Morning have been better the past couple of days too, I don't feel much tension, maybe a touch but that's fading and I don't feel like I'm having to spend so long waking up either, this past week I've been having quite a job getting going in the morning but the past couple of days I've been up and feeling much better.

So that's pretty much then end of week 6, had a blip for a week or two but nothing serious, mostly brought on by me pushing my limits a bit and having job interviews, but feeling like I'm pulling out of it now, getting back to feeling the benefits of the Cit like I was from week 2.

Better days people
    Shaun

Just watching the coverage of Stevie Wonder at Glastonbury, he still sounds as good as the first time I heard him when I was a kid. Got the TV turned up loud, don't think anyone else in the place will mind too much

Week 7
    Monday day 43
    Hot enough to roast a monkey's bum, but I'm feeling much better than I was last week. Got the application form to fill out for the interview on Friday, the guy just wants all the paperwork done correctly, which is a bit of a change to my last job, no application form, no contract.

Feeling quite calm about this one, probably because I've already met the guys and had a good chat with them at the last interview. Got a good feeling about this job, just hope things don't go completely hatstand on Friday

Tuesday day 44
    Woke up to rain pouring down but by the time I'd gotten up and had my first cuppa the rain had stopped. Still cloudy and a bit humid but doesn't seem as hot today thankfully. Got the community focus show to do this afternoon at CVFM but apart from that nothing much else to do today, probably go for a nice long walk this afternoon, enjoy the afternoon

My IBS symptoms have even started clearing up again, they started to go before this blip but came back again when the mild anxiety set in. Hopefully they'll go away for more than a few days this time.

Better days people

Shaun

Week 7, Wednesday day 45
    Quite a good day today, the weather was a bit cooler generally, though when I got a lift from John, my friend, his car was baking hot. We were heading up to Berwick Hills library so he could give his writing workshop talk as part of the Literary Festival that's running over the next few weeks.

After he'd done his talk we headed to the pub and I had my first beer for about 2 months. I thought I could risk it and feeling ok really, perhaps a tiny bit agitated but that's better than the anxiety my last drink brought on. I'll let you know tomorrow if it has any ill effects, it was only one beer anyway so shouldn't do that much.

Couple more days to my interview, got my paperwork sorted ready for that so looking forward to it and hoping to be in paid employment soon.

Better days people
    Shaun
    Last edited by Raindog; 08-07-10 at 11:59.

Good luck for the interview!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information