Thread: numb / burning left arm & hand + left hand blotchy

numb / burning left arm & hand + left hand blotchy

Does anyone else get this?

I have a myriad of symptoms, but I guess one of hte most distressing is when my left arm goes numb, i get burning sensations at same time, and my left hand also goes numb and blotchy.

I've had endless heart tests, nothing found, all results normal. To me the symptoms suggest a cardiac origin, but most of the time my heart rate is normal when it happens. Drs have often put it down to stress! I get it when I don't feel stressed. Odd and worrying.

I've had these symptoms for a couple of years now. My new doc here in Vietnam recently did lots of tests (MRI, blood tests) and found no physical reason for my symptoms, so he concluded that it's either some very strange neuro disorder (a form of epilepsy) or that it's psychological. He's put me on Neurontin 300mg 3x a day. I had some success with it, but I had good days and bad days before the pills. So i'm not sure if my good days are due to the pills or just luck / placebo effect. he wants to up my dose.

* A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single footstep *

* The only constant in life, is change *

Re: numb / burning left arm & hand + left hand blotchy

dazza,
    have you been checked for somethign straightforward like carpel tunnel?

suz

Quote Originally Posted by smpomeroy View Post
    dazza,
    have you been checked for somethign straightforward like carpel tunnel?

suz
    Hi Suz,

No, the doctors have not mentioned this. They seem stumped by it, and put it down to anxiety most of the time. the symptoms are SO physical though. sometimes i feel like i'm dying to be honest, the numbness and burning sometimes spreads through large parts of my body.

I do know how you feel I used to get horrible numb/cold burning patches on my skin usually across my back and chest. I have had carpel tunnel in both hands cured by a simple operation but it did cause total numbness in my hands and wrists which usually started wiht the tips of my finegsr and spreading. they can test for it with a simple nerve electrical test which is odd feeling but painless. might be worth a mention?

Quote Originally Posted by smpomeroy View Post
    I do know how you feel I used to get horrible numb/cold burning patches on my skin usually across my back and chest. I have had carpel tunnel in both hands cured by a simple operation but it did cause total numbness in my hands and wrists which usually started wiht the tips of my finegsr and spreading. they can test for it with a simple nerve electrical test which is odd feeling but painless. might be worth a mention?
    interesting that you mention the numbness and burning that goes across your back and chest. i get this, and it feel so awful. makes me feel so ill at times and freaks me out, tinking that i am going to die.

I will mention CTS when I see the doctor next. thanks.

Hi Dazza
    I don't know if this will help,but I had a burning in my neck and arm and hand,my doc sent me to a chiropractor and after a few sessions it eased.I also had physio,on my neck,I don't seem to have the burning or tingling now.Just thought I would mention this.Hope you find relief.
    Rhonda x

Thread Information