Thread: dizzy

dizzy

hi everyone hope u are all well.i have been having terrible dizzy spells .i am not prone to them i get the chest pains with my anxietyalthough ive had them sometimes.it started yesterday morning i was in bed lying down and turned to lie on my left side.while i was lying ther my head staeted to spin like the room was spinning.it only stopped wen i moved or sat up.now wen i put my head to the left my head spins lying down or not.i went to doc he said it sounds like labrythitis of my middle ear.he also said tension could cause problems in your ear as it can irrate them or its can be a infection.he never gave me anything just said it would go away on its own.but now im scared its a clot or a tumor.the doc did a neurilogical examination.e.g moving my head checking my reflexes getting me to follow his finger with my eyes .he said it my ear.i just so worried he missed something.how can he be so sure.it is not just mild dizziness it is like vertigo the room spins.sorry this so long but i really need some advice on this.if any1 has had this or know if anxiety can affect the ears let me no please.thank you always gratefull for your advice.marcia

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

Guess what?

I had that but also more than that with the ears recently and put a post up about a few symptoms too...

Dr gave me anti biotics saying it was middle ear probs but I didnt think so, so I went to another and he said there is no prob with my ears so I was very confused (I dont normally go to Dr's as I dislike them) and so I went to the hospital for third opinion and they said there was a middle ear prob so I took more anti biotics but the darn thing would never go!

In the end it went when I thought positive and accepted it as anxiety!
    I know it was is anxiety and still is as when I have bad days, the ear problems come back

Anyway, take the Dr's advice I guess but it may just be anxiety as I have gone from symptom to symptom... I will surely run out of things that can happen soon

Anxiety can change and my symptoms certainly have - for example, I NEVER had breathing probs but I have the last month and it is just a phase of anxiety.

Hope that helps
    Paul

Learning to underreact

When the Dr said I had labrithitus they prescribed Stemitil which didn't stop it from happening. In the end I was told it was another symptom of anxiety.
    Hope you are feeling better soon!!

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">When the Dr said I had labrithitus they prescribed Stemitil which didn't stop it from happening. In the end I was told it was another symptom of anxiety.
    Hope you are feeling better soon!!

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

<div align="right">Originally posted by chucklehound - 06 February 2006 : 12:13:54</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    LOL thats funny really as I am in Australia and in addition to the anti biotics, the last Dr gave me stemetil for the dizzyness as well! Same sort of probs.. I laughed anyway as I could relate[8D]

So similar with many cases of anxiety, we just need reassurance often that it is only anxiety

paul

Learning to underreact

Thread Information