Thread: flutters

flutters

hi,again i have suffered palpatations my whole adult life ,they really get in the way of my happiness.I suffer ectopics ,fast herat when i wake up at night sometimes or when i panic,,but the ones that scare me so much is the flutters where my heart seems to go all irregular like it speeds up like small faint heart beats and is irregular,this lasts a minute or two and i always panic and then my heart goes in to a pounding fast heart rate cause of the panic attack i get because of the fear of the flutter .i hope i make sense,its as if my heart only comes out of the flutter because i go into a full blown panic attack which makes my heart race.The thing is i read someones post on no here and she said she suffers these flutters and even though the doctor has never caught them on ecg or tape he told her it was afib ,so now im so scared .I have a lot of tests too echo ,tapes for a week,ecgs but they never show anything because my heart never does anything wrong when im getting these tests.docs all say is anxiety but why then can another doc say to a lady its afib if its not been caught on tape ,she only described it to him and this was a cardio doc.does anyone else get these flutters .please help

Re: flutters

I get these flutters from time to time. These episodes however don't have to be caught on tape to know that it's nothing serious. RLR explained this to me recently.

Here's a link to what I asked and his explaination. It's similar to your story.

http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-...1274026664/0#0

I also suffer with palpatations and panic attacks. If I'm having a full on panic attack then my heart will beat all over the place. Of course, the irregular beating then makes me panic all the more. It usually feels as if my heart has actually missed a beat and then has two small ones quickly after.
    I can also have 'flutters' while feeling calm though, so I'm not sure what the cause is.
    I have been told that I was born with a small heart murmor but that this shouldn't cause me any problems. I've had lots of different tests due to the murmor and, like yourself, my flutters have not been caught on tape.
    I've put my own flutters down to my anxiety problems. I also suffer from the shakes and am constantly grinding my teeth. I think that I'm such a nervous and anxious person that my body reacts this way.
    I wish I could be of more use!

its the suddeness of the palps ,when you least excpect them ,1 bout of them can ruin my whole day kind regards molly

Thread Information