Thread: Sharp cramp like pain under left shoulder blade

Sharp cramp like pain under left shoulder blade

I was putting letters into enveloped had only done about 20 when I got a severe sharp pain underand below my left shoulderblade that lasted about 2 seconds - had about 5mins no pain then it came again and has been doing this every few minutes for about an hour.
    position doesn't seem to make any difference. I have two spinal problems at moment - bad neck giving me arm pain and bad disc in lumbar spine that is really bothering me past week with sciatica down right leg so obviously spine is not happy bunny at moment.
    Me being me I am worrying myself crazy that this pain is a heart attack because I have read that women can get pain in their back and its a heart attack.
    I am not breathless or sweating but the pain is nasty while it lasts and the gaps aren;t getting any longer between the pain.
    My husband said last time a few years ago when I was stuffing envelopes I got bad pain under shouldeblade and he had to take over from me but I don't remember this and wonder if he is just saying this to make me feel better and not worry so much.
    What if its my heart??? and I am ignoring it/ arghhh

Re: Sharp cramp like pain under left shoulder blade

Country girl Hi I have been suffering with a very similar pain for the past 12 mnths Physio tells me it is linked to my neck problems spondilitis the excersise she gave me helped a lot and the pain is almost gone , but it does happen if i sit on comp to long or lift something , i also have pain in left arm and hip which she says is all related to posture .
    I am sure it not your heart but prob posture or related to your neck prob

Take Care amAGGIE

I get that from knitting too long at a time.
    Try this.....stuff an envelope and take notice of each movement and muscles used.

Thanks both - the pain went sometime in the night ( I fell asleep about 3am) or the worst of it did still very sore and arm and hand were aching horribly when I woke up- am still getting little stabs if in wrong position. I saw my GP who was really nice this morning and he said just by my description he could be totally certain the pain was not related to my heart- he said heart pain never stabs or spasms like that with no pain for minutes in between. He listened to my heart as well. I also got results of my latest 24hr ecg and yes I have ectopics alot but he said classed as normal ecg.

I have herniated discs in neck and lumbar spine and for some reason both are giving me hell past 10 days - I cannot bend over without knife pain in back and down leg and the neck is paining down arm - GP said if these are no better in next 2 weeks to go back

Thread Information