Thread: Hi .. newbie . Please help

Hi .. newbie . Please help

I have come off Sertraline for my depression as it didnt seem to help , then I had a brief spell on Venfaxolene , and put on 11lbs in 3 weeks .
    I cant afford a whole new wardrobe , and dont know if to take the Citalopram or just stick with the sertraline and feel bad
    T have had a horrendous 2 years with 2 close family deaths , bad accidents which have caused someone close disability , car accident and another family member with untreatable cancer .
    I dont know if to stick with sertraline , the devil I know , or risk changing yet again to Citalopram , or just to give up completely and bin the lot .
    Totally lost and afraid .

Re: Hi .. newbie . Please help

Hi jj
    Welcome to NMP. Not every medication works for everyone, some find one does the trick while others get nor benefit from it. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have tried one or more meds before they found one that did the trick for them, it's difficult when that happens as it sours your confidence in them but perhaps someone who went through something similar to you can offer some advice and encouragement.

I find Cit is working ok for me. Is your doctor suggesting them to your or are you just looking for alternatives yourself since Sert hasn't had much of an effect on your depression/anxiety?

Hope things work out anyway, stick around and I'm sure you'll find someone who's been where you are right now.

My GP has prescribed them , and they are sitting in the box as are the other 2 types .
    Seriously wondering if its easier just to give up trying .
    Life is just so bad , I dont want to do it any more

Well the first week or so of taking the Citalopram may be a bit difficult but if they do work for you then you will feel a big difference. I was having a real tough time with my depression and anxiety and started taking them, you can read my diary here on the Cit forum to get some idea of how things are going.

I was like you, feeling at my wits end with feeling so desperate but I got through that first tough part of taking the meds and they've helped me crawl out of the hole I was in, so it might be worth giving them a go.

xx

Thread Information