Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tired spells on citalopram, do they go?

Tired spells on citalopram, do they go?

Hi peeps,

I'm on day 9 of 10mg cit. Have dealt with initial SE's but just seem to be dealing with extreme bouts of tiredness in the afternoon. I take it at
    night. Will this pass? I don't rem being this tired on 40mg when I took before?:(

Lou x

Re: Tired spells on citalopram, do they go?

Hi Lou,
    I take my citalopram in the mornings and find myself constantly yawning throughout the day but then totally unable to sleep at night.
    Not sure if I'm yawning through the tiredness from insomnia or because of the pills!
    Either way, I'm pretty sure tiredness is a really common side effect of Citalopram.
    Carly x

hi

i have been taking cit 40mg for about six months and still get really tired sometimes. not as much as at the start though. i yawn all day - its embarassing. when i first started taking it though i used to take in the morning and by tea time i needed sleep!!!! really tired and dizzy by about four oclock. like i said it has faded and now only feel like that now and again.

take care - being tired is way better than being anxious all the time!!!! x x

My tiredness is fading a little, usually when I'm occupied, when I settle down it makes me feel a bit sleepy. I was dozing off yesterday after a hot day but managed to get out for a nice walk in the evening sun and felt fairly refreshed, so it's maybe just the meds reducing the amount of adrenaline in your body that makes you tired, get it going again a bit with a walk or something and you feel ok.

And as Andrea said, it's better feeling tired than anxious

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Tiredness? I'm on the verge of taking legal action against the makers of these drugs... But as someone said, the alternative is probably far worse ...

Never Surrender, Comrade

Hi.
    I am am just into my third month on cit and I am yawning like hell in the mornings. evry two minutes or so and I feel as if I could just slip into a deep sleep, but I dare not as when this first started I would wake up totally disorientated. I fight it sometime when I go to bed.

Absolutely, I would rather this than the anxiety! And I still have the energy for the gym - just feel I could sleep all the time, although I did this yesterday and woke up feeling awful. Usually take about 7pm but took last nights at about midnight and the intense tiredness has just hit but it's evening so I don't mind...

Mel - what u gonna sue them for? x x x

Some days hit me harder than others, at the moment I find I get really tired in the afternoon and early evening but then when I do go to bed I struggle to stay asleep. I think it is just one of those things. Don't focus on it and it may get better. x

I'm sleeping OK as I am also on Amitriptyline and Diazepam - although to be stopped once I settle on an SSRI. It's funny how Ami and Diaz are sedating yet I find them less sedating than Citalopram? I am a strange little monkey.

Hi loulabella.
    I have just been prescribed amitryptiline 10mg for the nighttime as sleep is evading me I think. I am waking up earlier and earlier! How are you getting on with it with the citalopram??
    jean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information